- Language Requirement: Not required
- Gender: Male Female
- Level: Bachelor/Research
- Eligible: Region/Countries Refugees
- Medium of Instruction: English/Turkish
Are you a temporary protected student attending a university or other higher education facility in Turkey?
If the answer is yes, you can qualify for the scholarship program that DAFI operates in collaboration with Turkey University and UNHCR. The DAFI scholarship program allows eligible refugees to pursue undergraduate at Turkey’s top universities.
Offered by: Turkiye Scholarships
In collaboration with UNHCR Turkey, DAFI
Application start date: 5 September 2022
Application end date (Deadline): 29 September 2022
For whom: Refugees with foreign national numbers given by the Turkish Republic
Level: Associate degree, and bachelor’s degree
- Offers department and university placements, unlike other higher education funding programs.
- The cost of tuition.
- Permits you to study the national tongue with a one-year Turkish language course.
- Your academic research now has a broader variety of resources, which makes life more enjoyable.
- Furnishes housing for students traveling to a new nation.
- Supports you on your trip to Turkey and pays for your one-time travel ticket when you return home at the end of your study stay.
- Permits you to benefit from widely available healthcare services as necessary fully.
- Hanns Seidel Scholarship for Afghan refugees in Pakistan
- Italy 100 Scholarships for refugee students with international protection.
- DW Academy Program for Afghan Refugee Journalists
- Türkiye Scholarships are not open to Republic of Turkey nationals or those who have lost their Turkish citizenship for whatever reason.
- Undergraduate applicants must have been born on or after January 1, 2001.
- Selection for Türkiye Scholarships is based on academic and extracurricular achievement. You must fulfill the educational prerequisites for the program you are applying for.
- Candidates need to be under temporary protection.
- Candidates should be free of any health issues (chronic illnesses or contagious diseases) that would prevent them from pursuing an education in Turkey.
- By the academic year 2022–2023, candidates must be enrolled in a public university or other higher education facility.
- Candidates must be first- or second-year undergraduate or associate students.
Note: The requirements for both bachelor’s and associate degrees are the same.
Competition for scholarships is high, and only a portion of the qualified candidates meeting the criteria will be admitted to the program. The selection process usually involves several steps:
- The Following submission of the complete application form and material, suitable candidates are shortlisted and invited to interview.
- Interviews are conducted in person by a Selection Committee, usually consisting of UNHCR staff, education sector partners, staff of universities or other academic institutions, and Ministry of Education or other government officials.
- Based on the interview performance and application materials, the Selection Committee identifies scholarship recipients according to the number of DAFI scholarships available in the respective country.
- Successful applicants are notified and begin enrolment processes.
- Before starting your application, ensure you have all the necessary information and documentation. The specified documents must be scanned legibly, be in one of the following file types: pdf, jpeg, png, or gif, and not exceed 5 MB apiece.
Diploma or Student Certificate
- A transcript attesting to your prior education or a current student certificate demonstrating that you are currently enrolled in classes at the level of the scholarship you are asking for,
- A record of the classes and grades you earned at your previous educational level by the scholarship application you are making,
- For college-level applications, a course and grade breakdown for the final three years of high school should be supplied.
- Doctoral applicants’ transcripts must be confirmed in either English or Turkish or translated into these languages.
- The official documents your country’s government issued identify you, such as an identification card, passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, etc.
- Uploading a passport as identity proof is highly advised.
- A recent passport photo with your face taken within the last six months.
- You have passed national or international academic competence tests, such as the GRE or SAT.
Language Proficiency Documents
- Foreign language competence certificates, such as the TOEFL/IBT, DELF/DALF, Turkish Proficiency Certificate, etc.
- proof of previous or current employment
Certificates and Certificates of Achievement
How can I apply for the DAFI Scholarship Program?
Read the requirements carefully, and if you think you qualify for the program, complete the steps listed below:
- Creating a personal account on the Turkiye Scholarships application portal.
- Upload all necessary documents, and it will help if you also list your extracurricular activities and professional accomplishments.
- List the programs and schools you would most like to attend.
- Compose a genuine letter of purpose outlining your preferences, expectations, and future aspirations.
- Accept your application after evaluating all the steps and supporting materials.
To create your account to access the application for DAFI scholarships, use the Apply Now button below.
To learn more, visit the official website.