Melbourne Mobility Awards (MMA) by the University of Melbourne in Australia
- AWARD/GRANT SCHOLARSHIP
- View on Map
- University of Melbourne posted 5 hours ago
- Posted: September 22, 2022 -Accepting applications
- Gender: Male Female
- Level: Bachelor/Master
- Number of Opportunity: 2000
- Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Field of study: All
- Opportunity ID: 2579
- Funding Type: Partially Funded
The University of Melbourne awards a host of scholarships and grants to international students seeking to undertake overseas study as part of their undergraduate or graduate course. Some of the scholarships are granted according to academic merit and others to help those students experiencing disadvantaged situations to study abroad.
- Organized by: University of Melbourne
- Application Deadline: Dec 31, 2022
- Country: Australia
- Study levels: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Fields of Study: All
- Total value: up to $6,000
Prospective students must travel for their overseas program for at least three weeks duration to qualify for any of the Melbourne Mobility Awards.
The Melbourne Global Scholars Award and USA Foundation Scholarship provides a one-off payment of:
- $1000 for students taking overseas education for at least 3 weeks and up to 12 weeks, or
- $2500 for students enrolling in overseas study programs of 12 weeks duration or more, also
- The Melbourne Global Financial Assistance Grant, John, and Betty McCrery Travelling/ study Scholarship and Lin Martin Melbourne Global Scholarship provide a one-time payment of up to $5000.
- The University House Travel Scholarship and Aitchison Travelling Scholarship provide a one-off payment of up to $5,000
to be eligible for this scholarship, Applicants must:
- Be enrolled at the University of Melbourne in either a bachelor or graduate degree
- Intend to study abroad for at least 3 weeks as part of a University of Melbourne semester or year-long program, a short-term program or a University of Melbourne Overseas Subject.
- Apply for a Melbourne Mobility Award before the commencement of the overseas study program
- Have not received a Melbourne Mobility Award for the overseas study that was part of your existing course
- Not have received a New Colombo Plan Grant or Endeavour Student Exchange Program funding that was part of your current course (applies to Lin Martin Global Scholarship only)
- The Melbourne Mobility Awards are given out specifically for the benefit of the scholarship.
- One Melbourne Global Scholars Award will be given to each eligible applicant who has been awarded a Chancellor’s Scholars, Kwong Lee Dow Scholars, or Commerce Achievement Scholarship during their undergraduate studies.
- On the basis of academic accomplishment utilizing the University’s Weighted Average Mark (WAM), additional merit awards are given to qualified candidates. At the time of application, you must have results for all of the subjects in your course. When there are more applicants than scholarships available, the students with the highest WAM will be given the scholarships.
- Scholarships are awarded to qualified applicants based on their documented social, educational, and financial disadvantage.
Further conditions of the scholarship
- You must get permission and register in your overseas program.
- In case your overseas study program is canceled or postponed by any party after receiving the award payment, you must contact Stop 1
- You have to agree to participate in any ambassadorship activities if asked by the university which includes global mobility blogs, social media channels, events, and student exhibitions.
- You are required to grant permission for the university to provide your name and course details to the program donor
- By agreeing to submit an offer for MMA, you will not have a chance for future similar awards.
Applicants must apply for MMA by completing and submitting the online application form.
- If you wish to apply for a scholarship based on financial difficulties, personal problems, disability or medical condition, you will be required to supply supporting documents such as medical forms and Centrelink statement.
- You do not need to apply to the Melbourne University Award separately.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account.
- In case your application is unsuccessful, you will be able to re-apply on condition that you have not already begun your study program abroad.
Scholarships are distributed monthly. After completing your completed Melbourne Mobility Award application form, you should receive a response through email within 6 weeks.
For more information, you can reach MU at:
- Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352)
- International: +(61 3) 9035 5511
- Email: 13MELB@unimelb.edu.au
- Postal address: The University of Melbourne
Grattan Street, Parkville,
OR, visit the official website of the awards announcement.
Copy from Scholarships.af