- Salary Offer As per Organizational Salary Scale
- Years of Experience • At least 8 years professional experience in design and implementation of water, sanitation and hygiene projects in development and /or emergency contexts; including water-point rehabilitation (including design and BoQ elaboration). An appreciation of WA
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration بست قراردادی
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference hr@1056
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • University Degree in relevant technical discipline, including civil engineering, water, and sanitation engineering, or environmental health engineering.
- close Date December 2, 2022
معلومات مختصر در مورد جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی سره میاشت
جمعیت هلال احمر افغانستان که در سال 1934 تأسیس شد، یک نهاد مستقل و بشردوستانه است که توسط دولت افغانستان به عنوان یک نهادخیریه و بیطرف برای ادارات دولتی به رسمیت شناخته شده است. جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی سره میاشت نقش مهمی در ارائه خدمات رضاکارانه و کمک های بشری ایفاء میکند. بر اساس قانون و اساس نامه جمعیت ملی فعالیت های خویش را مطابق با اصول هفت گانه خویش بشردوستی، بی طرفی، استقلالیت، خدمات رضاکارانه، وحدت و جهان شمولیت غیر جانبداری انجام می دهد. از جمله، جمعیت ملی وظیفه دارد به جوامع آسیب دیده کمک کند، سرپناه اضطراری تهیه کند و اقلام امدادی را بین افراد آسیب پذیر توزیع کند. جمعیت هلال احمر از طریق شبکه ای متشکل از 7 زون ساحوی و 34 نمایندگی در ولایات میباشدکه بیش از 20000 کارمند و رضاکار آموزش دیده،با همکاری سازمان های ملی و بین المللی با در سطح کشور برای کاهش الارم بشری در طول دهههای گذشته، جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی سره میاشت موفق شده است که بیطرفی خویش را حفظ کند و از پذیرشی برخوردار است که تیمهایش را قادر میسازد تا اقدامات بشردوستانه اصولی را در سراسر خطوط درگیری، از جمله در بخشهای بزرگی از مناطق تحت کنترل گروههای مخالف مسلح، انجام دهند. با حمایت شرکای خود مانند اداره محترم – فدراسیون بین المللی صلیب سرخ (IFRC)، کمیته بین المللی صلیب سرخ (ICRC) و دیگر شرکای خویش تقویت میگردد .
About Afghan Red Crescent Society( ARCS)
Established in 1934, the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) is an independent, humanitarian institution which has been recognized by the government of Afghanistan as an auxiliary to State agencies. ARCS play an important role in delivering disaster response services. Under the 2016 Red Crescent Law, ARCS carry out its activities in accordance with the principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary services, unity and universality. Among others, ARCS have the duty to provide assistance to disaster-affected communities, supply emergency shelter, and distribute relief items to vulnerable people. Through its network of 7 regional branches and 34 provincial branches and more than 20,000 staff and trained volunteers, ARCS is amongst the few national organizations with nation-wide outreach and access. Over the past decades, ARCS has managed to uphold its neutrality and enjoys acceptance enabling its teams to carry out principled humanitarian action across the lines of conflict, including in the large portions of the territories controlled by armed opposition groups. With the support of its Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners – the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and Partners National Societies like the Norwegian Red Cross – ARCS has also strengthened its management systems, procedures and partnerships to respond to emergencies, upon request of the public authorities or under its own initiative
- JOB SUMMARY:
The primary function of the WASH Coordinator includes supporting the Team in the assessment, planning, design, implementation, supervision, expansion/development, and administration of technical interventions, and will directly oversee project implementation on the ground. The WASH Coordinator will oversee the prioritization and coordination of the start-up and management of technical interventions and contribute to the development of concept papers and proposals for interventions in close cooperation with the team and RCRC Movement partners, under the supervision of the Head of WASH Unit. In addition, the WASH Coordinator will support with the training of ARCS WASH staff in WASH related topics and will also be responsible for compiling activity reports and guaranteeing quality of services. Also, the WASH Coordinator will promote coordination and collaboration between other Units in Health Department and ensure integration and collaboration across all RCRC Movement partners’ development and humanitarian assistance programs.
- THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent’s main roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Promote ARCS Programme cooperation with ICRC, IFRC and Participating National Society (PNS) programme teams is consistent and efficient.
- Ensure sound technical planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting in line with established programme agreements and programme plans.
- Ensure purposeful collaboration with the ICRC, IFRC, and PNS programme teams in line with technical standards and programme agreements.
- Represent in external WASH and related forums as assigned with the Supervisor
Assessment and strategy:
- Provide WASH technical support to needs assessment design, implementation, and analysis
- Support with the linkage between assessments and activity plans and budgets.
- Support the assessment of ARCS resources and capacities (human, material and financial) for WASH program roll-out as per agreed objectives.
- Implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the project.
- Review, collect and analyze WASH data, mapping of risk areas with particular focus on WASH related risks and gaps analysis.
- Provide support in assessing existing WASH strategies/plans and ongoing implementation activities and, together with ICRC, IFRC, and PNS, update as necessary, taking into consideration the evolving context and existing ARCS/RCRC, national, and international standards/guidelines.
- Support in coordinating procurement, prepositioning and distribution of WASH supplies/kits in accordance with the agreed WASH response strategy.
- Provide support in enforcing implementation of aims and objectives of WASH response program in line with the ARCS/RCRC WASH strategies and guidelines.
- Support selection and design of WASH activities from an array of appropriate technologies for water systems for the given context, including source selection (ground water, surface water), abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems and/or the rehabilitation of old Water systems.
- Support selection and design of most appropriate form of sanitation system (to include excreta disposal, vector control, solid waste disposal, drainage) taking into full account the local conditions, resources, customs and cultural norms.
- Implement a hygiene promotion program, which suits the local context and is widely accepted by beneficiaries.
- Ensure the consideration of cross cutting areas such as gender, protection, DRR and sustainability within all WASH interventions, also considering the importance of integration with other sectors such as health and nutrition
- Ensure Sphere and National standards are considered through the program cycle and are well documented.
- Develop concept papers, letters of intent, proposals and budgets in respect of the above.
Management and Implementation
- Manage WASH program in full consultation and co-ordination with other units within the Health Departments and other ARCS Departments, RCRC Movement partners, and other agencies, both governmental and non-governmental.
- Work closely with ARCS Human Resources team and RCRC Movement Partners for building capacity of the WASH team.
- Ensure the areas of gender and protection are considered throughout the project cycle with all groups within the communities being enabled to influence decision- making around WASH challenges.
- Implement the appropriate supervisory, monitoring and evaluation systems for WASH interventions.
- Work closely with program support functions (logistics and finance departments) for WASH program supplies and activities planning working with field teams and logistics to procure project supplies within the project budget
- Visit project sites and monitor WASH interventions and conditions and provide reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor regularly ARCS program activities supported by partners using the monitoring tool in use by ARCS/MoPH and ensure quality WASH activities offered by ARCS
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
Communication, Co-ordination and representation
- Provide regular updates and technical guidance to team on progress, priorities, and challenges – verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for creation of staff workplans, staff training and development activities
- Represent International ARCS/RCRC Movement to external stakeholders as needed and agreed with supervisor, such as WASH Cluster, Government bodies, donors and the other related clusters
- Maintain good communication with RCRC movement representatives
- Maintain regular communication with the Head of WASH Unit concerning the program including but not limited at preparing and sending the situation report.
- work with other stakeholders engaged in WASH activities to strengthen WASH work including emergency preparedness and response activities and share technical resources in the interests of greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support Head of WASH Unit in improving WASH Unit within ARCS Health Department, assessing training needs for ARCS WASH staff, promoting, and carrying out training, to build the capacity of staff on best practices and ensure consistency and quality of the WASH response planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- In collaboration with ACRS Regional/Province staff, ensure training of community health workers and community representatives on their roles and functions in managing WASH services, including quality, diversity, and inclusiveness.
- With technical support of Supervisor and in collaboration with partners, ensure training of Red Crescent Volunteers on safe and inclusive delivery/ provision of WASH services.
- Provide technical capacity building through coaching and on-the-job training during fields visits.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years professional experience in design and implementation of water, sanitation and hygiene projects in development and /or emergency contexts; including water-point rehabilitation (including design and BoQ elaboration). An appreciation of WASH in schools, health facilities and outbreak preparedness and/or response.
- Demonstrated analytical, motivational, communication, project conceptualization and planning skills.
- Prior experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments; IDP/refugee camp experience preferred.
- Experience in overseeing implementation, tracking the progress, reporting against the agreed indicators, and managing project budget.
- Experience and understanding of key intuitional donors’ policies, guidelines and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in WASH proposal development and preparation of internal and donor reports.
- Ability to effectively present information (both written and verbally) and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field, counterparts, senior government.
- Demonstrated knowledge of linking WASH activities with other humanitarian sectors.
- Ability to understand gender related challenges within the beneficiary groups
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Demonstrated experience of working closely with support functions (finance and logistics) on activity and procurement planning
- Proven experience in project cycle management (PCM), including needs assessments project design, and reporting.
- Knowledge about building technical capacities of partner organizations.
- Understanding of the use of innovative tools and approaches in a relevant technical discipline.
- working experience with an international non-governmental organization, donors and government bodies. Working with RCRC movement is an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Working proficiency of provincial languages is an asset
- Interest in context and good capacity to analyze the situation.
- Strong Management skills
- Need to have very good communication skills and share information with the colleagues and national staff
- Most of all patience, organization, training/coaching skills, and diplomacy are required.
- Track record of managing humanitarian projects in complex humanitarian setting • Proven experience in working with vulnerable groups and marginalized populations
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of word and excel.
- Ability to work towards achieving objectives and results. • Ability to convince and gain acceptance
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be solution oriented
- Collaborates well with others and supports others in the pursuit of team goals. • Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and is firm and reliable
- Good team spirit.
- University Degree in relevant technical discipline, including civil engineering, water, and sanitation engineering, or environmental health engineering.
Dear applicants, please refer to the Recruitment Department of Human Resources Afghan Red Crescent Society HQ office Afshar-e-Silo or kabul branch offices for submitting thier application along with thier Curriculum Vita (CV) , copy of educational documents, copy of work experience, citizenship ID card and a photo.
Note: Request for a clampdown is not accepted by email or online.
متقاضیان محترم لطف نموده جهت درخواست احراز بست به آمریت استخدام ریاست منابع بشری دفتر مرکزی جمعیت هلال احمر افغانی واقع افشار سیلو و یه نمایندگی کابل مراجعه نموده خلص سوانح ، کاپی اسناد تحصیلی کاپی اسناد تجارب کاری تذکره تابعیت و یک قطعه عکس با خود داشته باشند.
نوت: درخواست برای احراز بست از طریق ایمیل و یا آنلاین پذیرفته نمیشود.
شماره های تماس
whats app= +93-777-266-860