- Salary Offer Based on ICRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 3-5 years' professional experience in a related field of activity e.g. water supply, hand pumps, plumbing, etc.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference LAK-WT24112022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Technical vocational training, apprenticeship in plumbing or equivalent professional experience.
- close Date November 30, 2022
About The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC):
The ICRC Afghanistan Background:
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization. Its exclusive humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavours to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
- Monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, and ensures corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Conducts quality control during infrastructure construction and ICRC administrative and logistical procedures.
- Compiles site reports on project implementation at intervals set by the project manager.
- Provides information to their supervisor and project colleagues on stakeholder issues, security and site progress.
- Manages project purchasing on labour and materials according to the delegation’s logistical and financial rules.
- Conducts field trips to rural communities to assess the needs related to access to water.
- Liaises with community leaders and local authorities to define Water Management Committees responsible for water access in their area.
- Evaluates the condition of hand pumps in a certain area in line with the sub delegation/Office strategy, establishes prioritization criteria and formulates recommendations.
- Trains communities on hand pump repair, operation, maintenance and management.
- Plans and manages hand pump’s spare parts orders, donations and related documentation.
- Technical vocational training, apprenticeship in plumbing or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in a related field of activity e.g. water supply, hand pumps, plumbing, etc.
- Certified university training is an asset.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of CAD software is an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate the existence of a relevant network of contacts.
Please register your application by clicking on following link for our online recruitment portal and submit your CV to: email@example.com not later than 30 November 2022:
Clearly indicate vacancy number (LAK-WT24112022) in the subject line of your email, the CVs not mentioning the vacancy number in subject line, will not be considered.
Complete files matching with the online recruitment portal profile will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates; Female & People Living with Disability applicants are encouraged to apply.
CVs received will be subject to the rules of the Data Protection of the ICRC (Data Controller) and will only be used for the purpose they were sent for and will not be kept after the end of the process or shared with third parties without consent of the sender.
The ICRC recently noticed that a number of individuals and online pages are offering fake services in the name of the organization in return for money. Please note that all ICRC services are completely free of charge and at no point the organization or its staff would ask for money be it during its recruitment process or any other services in the country. Please remain cautious and avoid sharing your personal information through online links. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
اطلاعیه مهم: کمیته بین المللی صلیب سرخ (آی سی آر سی) اخیراً متوجه شده است که تعدادی از افراد و صفحات آنلاین در بدل دریافت پول خدمات جعلی را به نام این سازمان ارایه میکنند. لطفاً ، متوجه باشید که همه خدمات آی سی آر سی کاملاً رایگان است و این سازمان یا کارمندان آن هیچ وقت درخواست پول را در مراحل استخدام یا انجام خدمات دیگر در کشور نمیکنند. لطفاً محتاط باشید و از شریک ساختن معلومات شخصی در لینک های آنلاین خودداری نمایید. پیشاپیش از شما سپاسگزار استیم.
مهمه خبرتیا: پدې وروستیو کې د سره صلیب نړیوالې کمېټې (آی سي آر سي) ولیدل چې یو شمیر کسان او آنلاین پاڼې د پیسو په بدل کې د دغه سازمان په نوم جعلي خدمتونه وړاندې کوي. مهرباني وکړئ په یاد ولرئ چې د آی سي آر سي ټول خدمات په بشپړ ډول وړیا دي او دغه سازمان یا کارکونکي یې د ګومارنې په بهیر کې یا په هیواد کې د نورو خدماتو په بدل کې هیڅ وخت د پیسو غوښتنه نه کوي. مهرباني وکړئ محتاط اوسئ او د آنلاین لینکونو له لارې د خپلو شخصي معلوماتو له شریکولو څخه ډډه وکړئ. موږ ستاسو د پوهیدو لپاره د مخه منندوی یو.