- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Experience 3 Years
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration 12 Months
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 00311-IMCAFG-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 18, 2022
- Education Graduated from a recognized Engineering Faculties or equivalent Degree in Civil Engineering or WASH.
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
Scope of work:
Under the WASH Officer supervision, the WASH site engineer will contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting for the WASH Program in Nangarhar/Kunar province. This position will directly supervise WASH project staff and will be responsible for Construction work (water supply network and latrines), maintaining relationships with local and districts authorities, WASH implementing partners including PRRD, National and International NGOs as well as vendors and beneficiaries
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In-charge of planning, organizing, and implementing WASH activities at the field level, and coordinate with WASH Officer, PRRD team, and Project Manager.
- In charge of implementing water and sanitation infrastructures at communities, schools, and health facilities in Nangarhar/Kunar province.
- In charge of the supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of the different water and sanitation activities in the targeted districts
- Planning construction of Water supply scheme and construction of latrine in the targeted districts in Nangarhar/Kunar province.
- Follow up of construction process in the targeted area to ensure standard and qualitative systems established
- In conjunction with the Logistics team, ensure logistics systems are understood (procurement, transport, storage, communications) estate/building management, asset management, etc.
- Ensure that procurement of goods and their delivery to the project areas is done timely
- Proceed with any task assigned by the WASH Officer.
- To record, manage, and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way.
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager and Partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to IMC monitoring and evaluation system
- Establishing a sound coordination system with all project staff.
- Safeguarding policy for Staff
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
Leadership: Can engage in leadership and coordination.
Problem-solving: Provides solutions to the problems.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with (community leaders, supervisors, CHPs, other actors, etc.).
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine, adaptability to live and interact with project staff, and capacity and ability to live and/or work in environments where projects are implementing.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project implementation strategies and approaches and project monitoring systems. Ability to think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments/deadlines, and show persistence in facing challenges.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows a real commitment to maintaining open communication with the client and team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the IMC work methodology and different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or be deployed anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with the security department.
- Graduated from a recognized Engineering Faculties or equivalent Degree in Civil Engineering or WASH.
- At least 3 years of technical experience implementing WASH-related interventions.
- High level of communication, interpersonal, representation, and negotiation skills
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision
- Experience in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene assessment methodologies
- Prefer to the residential province.
You are kindly requested to send your written CV or resume through email and mention the vacancy number and title of the position in the subject line. Application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test. Interested candidates should send their application to the following email address:
Important: To ensure an open, transparent staff selection process pleases certify in your application form that I have no relative or personal relationship with International Medical Corps employees if yes, please disclose the Name, Position and Relation, otherwise your CV will be not considered for shortlist
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review