- Salary Offer As Per WVA Salary Scale
- Experience 2-3 years of professional in the WASH Sector
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration One year and 3 Months
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference WVA1126
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 22, 2021
- Education University degree in WASH relevant field
About World Vision International:
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than 15 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
There are five strategic sectors that World Vision Afghanistan is focusing upon in order to achieve this: Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Protection, WASH and Livelihoods.
World Vision Afghanistan is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees, volunteers, and all its affiliates to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. WV takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV to harm children or adult beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks and an appropriate criminal record/police background check and disclosure of criminal records prior to employment or engagement with WV in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent
Note: This position is subject to donor approval
The WASH Sector Specialist will take leadership of the WASH component of the FRAMES consortium ensuring implementation of all WASH interventions are according to the approved project documents, donor requirements and in a timely manner. The WASH Sector Lead will be primarily responsible for coordinating with sector consortium partners ensuring quality and harmonised approaches are maintained as much as possible according to project design.
- In liaison with the Chief of Party (CoP) provide direct technical support to WASH consortium partners to ensure quality, appropriate and timely implementation of WASH Sector interventions in the project.
- Work with the WASH consortium Partners on WASH related strategies, ensuring that the interventions are adequately layered with other FRAMES project components and activities.
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and advocacy activities for the WASH component of the FRAMES Project in consultation with consortium partners.
- Provide technical expertise on all WASH activities and work closely with FRAMES WASH Project Managers to follow up on agreed learnings and actions.
- Ensure that all FRAMES WASH partners adhere to and comply with BHA donor guidelines and policies to avoid ineligible costs and risks to project implementation.
- Identify, coordinate strategic training and capacity development opportunities for WASH partners in the consortium.
Monitoring and reporting
- Work closely with FRAMES M&E Manager to develop ToRs, design baseline, assessment and endline tools and review reports to ensure data on all WASH indicators is collected, analysed and reported in all project locations.
- Ensure regular monitoring of WASH activities under the FRAMES WASH to ensure the project is on track and is according to developed technical designs, standards and timelines.
- Consolidate reports from all consortium WASH partners in close collaboration with the M&E Manager and provide regular updates on progress to CoP and BHA whenever required.
- Ensure all FRAMES Project monitoring, activity tracking and reporting tools (ITT, M&E plan) are updated and submitted by WASH partners on time. Provide support in introducing the tools, participate in planning and review meetings, if necessary.
- Organize and conduct regular WASH sector monitoring visits, report to the PMU on findings, potential delays, capture lessons, challenges, provide recommendations for improvements and ensure partners execute solutions and mitigate risks to delays.
- Lead regular technical programmatic review meetings at the PMU level.
- Provide support in strengthening collaboration between WASH Partners and other FRAMES Sectors to enhance integration and coordination for greater overall impact
- Participate in FRAMES WASH sector implementation strategy meetings and ensure all partners comply with agreed work plans and key actions.
- Represent the consortium and coordinate with MRRD, consortium partner staff and other peer organisations to ensure a well-coordinated and harmonised approach for project delivery of outcomes and outputs.
- Liaise with BHA and consortium partners on project updates, site visits and other communication.
- Represent consortium partners in WASH related cluster meetings and forums at National level.
- In collaboration with the Project Managers and MEAL Managers ensure that FRAMES activities and achievements are reported to the WASH Cluster report Hub in line with cluster guidelines.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (Afghanistan) interventions.
Required Education, Experience, training, license, registration, and certification:
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in the WASH Sector.
- 2-3 years of working with community mobilization projects.
- 2-3 years previous experience working with the hygiene and sanitation behaviour change approaches for both development and humanitarian contexts
- 4- University degree in WASH relevant field (Bsc Civil Engineering, Water and Sanitation, Public Health and other related).
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Relevant technical background and previous experience in emergency response contexts in the WASH sector.
- Experience working with or for NGOs and/or UN agencies, particularly international humanitarian organisations in humanitarian contexts (e.g. IDPs and returnee settlements).
- Proven experience managing teams in complex environments.
- Proven experience working in consortium projects.
- Relevant professional work experience in designing and managing water and sanitation infrastructure.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Dari is essential.
- Proficiency in the following computer programmes: Autocad (or other CAD software), MS Excel, MS Word.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a hostile/complex multicultural environment as a flexible and respectful team member.
- Familiarity with international humanitarian and protection standards (e.g. Sphere)
- Ability to engage and mobilise different community groups and leaders is a necessity.
- Knowledge of hygiene and sanitation approaches and strategies
- Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.
- Knowledge and experience in construction is useful.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project area required, with familiarity with the project area preferred.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required:
Ghor, Badghis, Faryab, Daykundi, Kandahar, Uruzgan, and Bamiyan Provinces.
The application closing date is 22-Jun-2021. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write on the subject of your Email the Vacancy Number (WVA1126) also avoid sending an attachment of big size (above 1024 KB) if you want your application/CV to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Local candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
را در عنوان ایمیل خود ذکر کنید (WVA1126) لطفا کد اعلان کاری
Applications with insufficient, incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
Phone +93 402231174 | Mobile:+93 799 838 452
Please kindly note: As a mitigation measure, and in order to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, during this time we would not be able to receive hard copies of CVs / Applications. We kindly encourage you to apply online.
منحیث یکی از تدابیر پیشگیرانه و برای جلوگیری از انتشار ویروس کرونا، در جریان این مدت، ما نمیتوانیم درخواستی ها و خلص سوانح شما را به شکل چاپی دریافت کنیم. از همه شما خواهشمندیم تا از طریق آنلاین درخواستی خود را برایمان ارسال کنی