- Salary Offer As per organization Scale
- Experience 4 years
- Number of Vacancies 2
- Contract Duration 9 months extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 00320-IMCAFG-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 22, 2022
- Education Graduated from a recognized Engineering Faculties or equivalent Degree in the Civil Engineering or WASH
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the WASH project manager’s direct supervision, the WASH officers will contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the WASH component of the Program in Balkh / Laghman provinces. This position will directly supervise WASH staff. The holder of this position will link, build, and strengthen relationships in the field with communities, local leaders, Government authorities, NGOs, and other partners.
The WASH Officer will be responsible for carrying the following and not limited to:
- Program Implementation
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing WASH activities at the field level and coordinate with the Project manager, PRRD team, and Sr. coordinator at Kabul level;
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing WASH activities (Water supply network system, KAP survey, Hygiene promotion, and hygiene campaign, at the field level in schools, health facilities, and community base,
- Responsible for supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of the WASH activities
- Follow up of construction process in the targeted districts to ensure standard and qualitative systems established
- Follow up of project indicators and activities regularly through updating PMTs, follow up of every single activity with WASH project staff in the field
- Coordinate with the Logistics team and ensure logistics systems are understood (procurement, transport, storage, communications,) estate / buildings management, asset management, etc.
- Ensure that procurement of goods and their delivery to the project areas is done timely
- Participate actively in the program planning process and budgeting of the program
- Preparing Monitoring reports and follow up action points through developing proper M&E technics and feedback mechanisms for each single Monitoring visit.
- Establishing a sound coordination system with all project staff.
- Perform any other task as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Responsible for organizing training for community hygiene promoters
- Provide direct supervision of community hygiene promoters
- Provide technical support to community hygiene promoters during their practical work in the field
- Responsible for all community-level reporting (distribution of tools, collecting, reviewing, feedback, and share with Project Manager
- Review the quality of the work completed with the teams regularly to ensure that it meets the projects standards, targets, and objectives
- Contribution to pipeline preparation every month
- Represents International Medical Corps and projects at communities’ districts and provincial levels by attending meetings, sharing information, and providing feedback when requested.
- Coordinate with PRRD, local and international NGOs, UN agencies, local Afghan Government Authorities, and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support to project implementation.
- Actively participate in WASH cluster meetings at the provincial level
- Ensure maximum visibility of the International Medical Corps and donor while implementing the project activities.
- Technical Tasks:
- Technical Support to the team in construction part, training of school, health facilities and community hygiene promoters and response activities in the field
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies.
- Consider all program activities’ security implications, review all new initiatives with national staff and community leaders.
- Maintain the flexibility to take any added responsibility as and when needed.
- Other duties ask by the supervisor.
- Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm and exploit children, young people, and adult at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adult caused by staff and program.
Leadership: Can engage in leadership and coordination.
Problem-solving: Provides solutions to problems.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with (peers, supervisors, employees, colleagues in mission, etc.).
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine. Has the adaptability to live and interact with project staff in mission province. Has the capacity and ability to live and/or work in environments where projects are implementing.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project execution and project monitoring systems. Also, can think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments, and show persistence in facing challenges.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows a real commitment to maintaining open communication with the client and other team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the IMC work methodology and different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Proactively: It requires the capacity to take the initiative to develop technical and creative actions, which improves results.
- Graduated from a recognized Engineering Faculties or equivalent Degree in the Civil Engineering or WASH
- At least 4 years of technical experience implementing WASH-related interventions, especially in Returnees/displacement contexts
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff
- Experience in project, logistics, and admin Management
- High level of communication, interpersonal, representation, and negotiation skills
- Good understanding and programmatic experience on various cross-cutting issues such as gender, protection, and environment
- Goal-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, independently, and with limited supervision
- Experience in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene assessment methodologies
- Prerference will be given to local candiates
Important Point: You will be asked to travel or be deployed anywhere within the program area to perform services. There may be some insecure areas where you may need to travel and perform the activity without any hesitation in coordination with the security department.
You are kindly requested to send your written CV or resume through email and mention the vacancy number of the position in the subject line. Application received after the closing date and without subject line (vacancy number) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.
Interested candidates should send their application to the following email address:
Important: To ensure an open, transparent staff selection process pleases certify in your application form that I have no relative or personal relationship with International Medical Corps employees if yes, please disclose the Name, Position and Relation, otherwise your CV will be not considered for shortlist
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review