- Salary Offer As Per OHW Salary Scale
- Experience Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies 4
- Contract Duration Project Based
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 429
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 23, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in relevant fields
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization and is a non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is operating since 2007 in the country with active membership with the national clusters and international donor agencies in Afghanistan including SWABAC, ACBAR, AICS, BAAG, AWN and most of the national and international Clusters operates based in Afghanistan.
Job Summery & Purpose:
The WASH engineer will work closely with the project supervisor and will be responsible to implement and coordinate all shelter project activities and to assist the day to day implementation of the shelter project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess needs for WASH interventions (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene facilities) at community level including Public schools and Health facilities.
- Ensure the project will satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries and provide oversight of water source construction and sanitation projects to ensure quality;
- Preparation of drawings (AutoCAD), BoQ/Cost Estimates and Tender documents for all WASH infrastructures
- Ensuring the training of national staff in technical areas including water quality testing, and building and maintaining quality water point structures;
- Help design and revise the construction/rehabilitation works component of the project work-plan, and monitor that the implementation of the construction/ rehabilitation activities respects the time-table milestones and deadlines
- Conduct trainings regarding operation and maintenance of water supply and sanitation facilities for beneficiaries and Water management committees
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local authorities and communities, prior to intervention explaining ACTED’S role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project.
- Regular monitoring of ongoing construction activities to ensure that all the activities are executing as per design, specifications and work schedule
- Extend all possible technical support to other team members and contractors when and where required
- Keep close coordination with contractors through regular meetings
- Preparation of weekly, monthly work plans and construction progress reports
- Preparation of feasibility studies/ reports, borehole pumping tests analysis & reporting and completion certificates
- Verify the work done at site and recommend for the payments to contractor(s)/casual labors etc
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH project in Kandahar.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders on the ground for smooth, efficient and effective implementation of the activities
- Bachelor’s degree in either of water supply and sanitation engineering, hydraulic engineering, civil
- Engineering or related field
- At least three years’ work experience in WASH and similar role;
- Proficient in Auto CAD, EPANET 2, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Somali languages;
- Able to be diplomatic in communications with all NGO, governmental, and community partners;
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever changing environment;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram, form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department – email@example.com
Applications should be received by OHW’s HR department on 24-April-2021 before 4:00 PM. And clearly, indicate the vacancy number and job title (WASH Engineer /429) in their email subject line. Otherwise, their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.