- Salary Offer Based on NRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 2-3 years’ experience from working as a hygiene promoter/WASH Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 20 Sep 2022
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-198
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree in one of Engineering majors or related fields.
- close Date May 23, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Assistant position is to liaise and work closely with WASH department in implementing the WASH projects. The WASH Assistant is expected to be able to deliver hygiene promotion trainings as well as attending in various type of distributions. It is also noteworthy that the incumbent is expected to have sound Engineering knowledge and be able to operate surveying tools and equipment such as tablets, GPS, Level, Transit, and Theodolites etc.
As a part of WASH Assistant’s responsibilities s/he will be asked to monitor construction activities such as construction/repairing of water points, Latrines, bore wells, conducting hygiene promotion trainings for targeted locations, full participation in all distributions, monitoring of water trucking process through voucher modality and etc.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the WASH portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Have full understanding of all programs’ goals, objectives, implementation plan and expected result / output.
- Participate in NRC staff and seminars and training, when scheduled
- Operate field equipment.
- Work closely with all WASH projects stakeholders.
- Keeping on track recording of training data and program documents.
- Coordinate closely his or her activities with WASH Technical Assistant.
- Assist WASH Team Leader/WASH PM on planning, organizing, facilitating and monitoring of projects.
- Be willing to travel throughout the districts and other provinces, this is primarily a field position and will require physical activity in a range of demanding natural environments and conditions.
- Any others tasks assigned by supervisor /WASH technical assistant or WASH team leader.
- 2-3 years’ experience from working as a hygiene promoter/WASH Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments in projects.
- Experience of working in water supply projects.
- Previous experience in implementation of BSF.
- Experience in working in rural area.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience
- Computer skills.
- Work confidently within a group.
Bachelor Degree in one of Engineering majors or related fields.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
Eid Bonus once per year.
Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs along with a cover letter to below mentioned e-mail. Please make sure to clearly state the (VA-2022-198) in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested qualified candidates can also submit their hard copy CVs with a Cover Letter stating the position title (VA-2022-198) number; to below addresses:
NRC Herat Office Address: Jawanan 8 street in front of Chalenger English course House Number 4