- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 1 - 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference MSF-669
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date February 2, 2023
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Plan and supervise the execution of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Plan and supervise on a day-to-day basis the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital, ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols, and procedures.
– Physically and administratively manage medical and non-medical stocks in conjunction with the supply officer and the stock owners and assume responsibility for the warehouse and its contents
– Ensure that all necessary tools and management procedures are in place in order to avoid stock ruptures, losses (expiries, damages due to bad storage conditions, temperature breaches), and excess stocks. Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts), keep inventories up to date, and monitor consumption
– Check, record, and arrange the goods received and ensure the availability of a wide range of items for various projects and departments (medical supplies, food, spare parts, tools, equipment, etc.)
– Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored according to their specificity, well protected, fully identified, and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.)
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organize and coordinate the activities of the team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
– Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
– High school diploma (12th class) (essential)
– University degree (desirable)
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) (essential)
– Experience in supply (desirable)
– Experience in medical stock management (desirable)
– MSF experience (desirable)
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written (essential)
– English: oral and written (essential)
Full Time / Schedule: 176 hours per month – due to the nature of the position the candidate must be willing and capable to sometimes work outside regular office hours
Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
Interested candidates should submit their applications before Thursday 2 February 2023 at 1 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kabul Base Coordination via:
– E-mail: MSF-Afghanistan-Recruitment@msf.org
The reference “WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.