- Salary Offer G4/1
- Years of Experience Two years of relevant professional work experience with bachelor's degree and four years for diploma
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Reference SVN-KBL-039/22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Management or related
- close Date May 25, 2022
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Supply chain officer, and the direct supervision of Senior logistics assistant, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for supporting the Warehouse Management activities for IOM Kabul.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the overall management of the warehouse by receiving the goods, updating the warehouse records in the database, and dispatching the goods for operations in Kabul;
- Receive goods from vendors/transporters and inspect the quantity/quality to ensure they all meet the same specifications and standards ordered;
- Monitor loading/offloading activities at the warehouse whenever taking place and supervise the hired labour workers to cover the job properly;
- Verify documents received from the vendors related to goods received and services provided at the warehouse with Procurement and Logistics colleagues before payment is released;
- Responsible for issuing the “Receiving Report Forms/Goods Receive Note” for the new arrival items into the warehouse and for issuing the “Stock Release Authorization Form/Waybill” when releasing items from the warehouse;
- Conduct physical inventory of items in the warehouse and provide updates on the inventory records upon completing each activity;
- Keep the entire warehouse facility well maintained, including ensuring that goods are stacked, stored and updating the stock cards where necessary;
- Prepare bi-weekly report to be shared with the Management and concerned Program Managers;
- Observe the security and safety measures within the warehouse premises in coordination with the Security unit;
- Obtain documents with proper authorization/approvals from designated officer in case of releasing/issuing any of the warehouse items to any individual and/or unit within the mission;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
V. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Management or related from an accredited academic institution
- Two years of relevant professional work experience for bachelor’s degree holders and four years for Diploma holders
- Experience working with International Organizations is an advantage
- Having a professional course (s) in Warehouse Management is an added value
- Good level of computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Windows / MS Office applications
- Good communication and analytical skills, ability to interpret information, identify and analyze problems
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required
Working Knowledge of Dari and Pashto is an advantage
VII. METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae along with IOM PHF by the following e-mail address:
email@example.com and by Close of Business (CoB) 25 May 2022 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM SAP account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the mentioned email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
To create IOM PHF, please refer below:
• IOM Staff inside IOM network, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account.
- External candidate with no account yet in the IOM website, Click here to create your account. (https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_candidate_registration?sap-return-url=%2fsap%2fbc%2fwebdynpro%2fsap%2fhrrcf_a_startpage_ext_cand%3fsap-wd-configid%3dZHRRCF_A_STARTPAGE_EXT_CAND&sap-wd-configId=ZHRRCF_A_CANDIDATE_REGISTRATIONexte)
- External candidate and already have an account, Click here (https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_startpage_ext_cand?sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_STARTPAGE_EXT_CAND&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN)
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.