- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Address Herat Enjil District
- Years of Experience At least one-year previous experience in the relevant field.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration September 30, 2022
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference CARE-AF-0201
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Graduated from 12 grade at least, and higher education level will be preferred especially medical institute, training certificate in immunization
- close Date August 20, 2022
About CARE AFGHANISTAN:
CARE is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian humanitarian organization, extending its relief and development assistance to those in need. CARE, as an International Confederation of 13 member organizations is one of the world’s largest private humanitarian organizations working in more than 90 plus, countries committed to helping communities in the developing world achieve lasting victories over poverty.
- Reports to Medical doctor in mobile health team
- Collaborates with: Members of the Mobile Health Team (MHT), and the AHF Project staff
- Actively contributes to MHT and GAC Project Team Meeting at field level, field level.
Summary of Key Functions
- Receive vaccines, cold chain commodities, IEC materials and reporting formats/registers/cards from REMT/PEMT on regular basis as per need/MHT catchment area population and target groups.
- Conduct vaccine administration sessions in MHT catchment area/SDPs for all target mothers and children on regular basis.
- Make sure that accuracy and quality of all field immunization activities are maintained and reported (EPI registers, clients’ cards & other reporting formats) on due time to REMT/PEMT and CARE sub office.
- Responsible to know the updated national EPI guidelines/policies regarding immunization program.
- Regular reporting to PEMT/REMT regarding vaccine, cold chain commodities and data including proper storage and inventory of all items received and utilized.
- Maintain specific focus on quality of vaccines through proper follow up of EPI recommendations for cold chain in the field.
- Prepare and maintain the immunization schedule according to MHT field work plan to reach all eligible mothers and children on due time.
- Organize vaccination session in all service delivery points according to the MHT time table for all catchment area population.
- Organize/conduct regular health education sessions during field work and pass health messages regarding immunization to clients and communities.
- Maintain close coordination with local community elders/stakeholders and volunteers to ensure motivation and mobilization of the local communities to participate in EPI activities.
- Registration and reporting of all vaccinated eligible mothers and children according to National EPI reporting formats/registers.
- Participate in EPI/polio mass campaigns and public awareness activities.
- Maintain working coordination and support community-based volunteers’ (CHWs) activities in SDPs/MHT catchment area for better coverage and referral system improvement.
- Keep record of all EPI related assets and cold chain commodities supplied by National EPI/UNICEF/Organization.
- Actively participation in community-based immunization awareness raising program.
- Undertake any other task assigned by the MHT in-charge during filed visit (vaccinator will have enough time to assist the other MHT members because vaccination clients will come after a period of 4 weeks for next dose).
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
- Immunization coverage for all applicable antigens increased in target communities (both for women and children)
- Local community awareness level improved regarding active participation in organizing mass campaigns and routine vaccination program
Community level referral of eligible women and children increased including CHWs referral of target groups to SDPs.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to listen well, accurately communicate ideas, and to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with a range of individuals and groups
- Work enthusiastically and with patient
- Culturally flexibility and respect multi-cultural environment
4.2 Skills and Experience:
- Good organization, planning and reporting skills
- Good team interaction and positive attitude
- To be tactful and having strong interpersonal skills and communication
- Willingness to work under COVID-19 situation, but will be having PPE and IPC measurement provided
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Education and working experience
Graduated from 12 grade at least, and higher education level will be preferred especially medical institute, training certificate in immunization with at least one-year previous experience in the relevant field.
4.4 Languages Skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written Dari and Pashtu is a requirement. English Language skills is a plus point.
Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) to Afg.Vacancies@care.org before the closing date, applications without Care Standard Job application form will not be considered for shortlisting.
Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location in the Subject Line (Vaccinator CARE-AF-0201 Herat) otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Security check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)