- Years of Experience 2 years’ or more relevant experience in BPHS or Other component
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Propject Based
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 212
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Must be Health professional (Graduated from Medical University as (MD) or Bachelor Nurse).
- close Date August 12, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
The TSFP (Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program) Supervisor is responsible for smooth running of the TSFP program in the province/selected HFs s/he should have ability of Analysis of TSFP and other nutrition data collected throughout the province. Good relationship with the nutrition partners (PNO, UNICEF, WFP, WHO, etc…)
- Supervise the implementation of TSFP/Nutrition program at Health facility level
- Perform on the job training and service training for HFs staff on nutrition topics
- Apply national MOPH (TSFP) treatment guideline
- Ensure the existence/availability of growth monitoring tools at HFs level
- Ensure adequate and updated supplies of TSFP recording and reporting formats in HFs.
- Ensure the existence of IEC material for awareness of community
- Ensure proper implementation of the TSFP Projects in as per WFP/MOPH guidelines
- Collect data from TSFP sites, analyze and reports to donor
- Coordinate with other Nutrition and Health stakeholders in the Province through regular participation in meetings
- Prepare annual action plan for required training considering the over-all work plan.
- Collect and compile activity reports and recommendations of the field activities.
- Prepare financial documentation for TSFP projects
- Perform any other required project-related tasks as per DPM and PM instruction
- Must be Health professional (Graduated from Medical University as (MD) or Bachelor Nurse).
- 2 years’ or more relevant experience in BPHS or Other component
- Experience in training and supervision
- Familiar with Wardak geopolitical situation and could travel in Maidan-Wardak Province
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) of Pashto Dari & English
- Good computer skills at operator level especially with Ms. Office package
- Be an Afghan citizen.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
- Application and CV receive after closing date of vacancy announcement will not be considered
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.