- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 1 - 2 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 year(s)
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference MSF-613
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Perform oral and written translation, from the English language to local languages (Dari, Pashto) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective, and fluent communication between MSF staff and the local population.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Translate documents from English into Dari and Pashto or vice versa upon request
– Translate discussions/meetings as requested
– Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
– Ensure confidentiality of all translations is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team
– Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating
– Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation
– Experience in video translation would be an asset
– University degree in literature or communication is mandatory
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
– Other experience in similar positions essential
– MSF experience is desirable
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written fluent
– English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH – DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE TO SOMETIMES WORK OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Saturday, August 9th at 4 PM with the CV in English, motivation letter, including references details, and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, work experiences, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kabul Base Coordination via email:
Only applications received by email will be treated.
The reference “Translator in Mazar” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.