- Salary Offer As per WVA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience At least have 3 year working experience with National / International NGO in the area of capacity building/ training
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R13926
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in Sharia or Law faculty
- close Date December 6, 2022
About World Vision International:
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The main responsibility of this position is to provide high quality training to increase the well-being of children and their families in World Vision Afghanistan programme areas through developing the capacity of their communities to carry out positive social change.
She is responsible for facilitating, supporting and follow up of action plans and FLF and advocacy network meetings and activities.
Planning & Coordination
- Coordinate with the Project Officer in developing an annual training plan for the entire project.
- Identify key resource persons and coordinate their trainings of stakeholders.
- Develop & contextualize training curriculum and logistic materials to address the training needs
- Support District Level Department of Religious (DoRA) to follow up on community dialogues on harmful attitudes and cultural practices facilitated by trained faith leaders within the target district.
- Facilitate meetings with Department of Religious Affairs (DoRA) in coordination with the Project Officer.
- Conduct faith based and project related trainings for WVA Staffs, community leaders and other community members
- Conduct other trainings as required by F&D sector
- Ensure the availability of monitoring data/ information of any training activities.
- Develop success stories from trainees when required
Monitoring & Evaluation
- In coordination with the Project Officer and M&E Advisor develop monitoring tools and assess participant knowledge/skills before and after the trainings are delivered
- Preparing weekly and monthly training report.
- Support DoRA & MEAL team with conduction of joint monitoring from districts to ensure action plans are implemented.
- Follow up with FLF members to collect data and report on monthly basis
Follow up with activities of Forum and advocacy networks
- Support DoRA through organising quarterly coordination meetings with key district level faith leaders to follow up on progress of action plans developed by trained faith leaders addressing harmful cultural/social practices.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (please add functional area or project) interventions.
Required Professional Experience
- At least 3 years of training experiences
- Experience in developing action plans, preparing curriculum and training materials
- Experience in documentation and reporting
- Experience working with faith leaders and community leaders (Community Based Structures)
- Experience in adult learning methodology and monitoring of training activities
- Results oriented and good team-player
- Good computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet use and Lotus Notes.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in Sharia or Law faculty
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- At least have 3 year working experience with National / International NGO in the area of capacity building/ training
- Experienced in developing training curriculum and modules together with different sectoral technical specialist
- Basic knowledge of various technical sectors of humanitarian work.
- Must be competent in all training related activities, needs assessment, organizing, implementing, evaluating training
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and encourage learning.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Able to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural context, stressful environments and with limited resources
- Proficient in local languages
- Cross cultural sensitivity, flexible views, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrable experience in child protection, child rights
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- This position is based in Herat and required to travel to Badghis and Ghor provinces.
- May be asked to work extras hours if needed.
This role involves facilitation and coordination of virtual teams when needed.
Basic Arabic and intermediate level of Englsih
The application closing date is 06-Dec-2022. Qualified applicants can apply for the position by filling in the online application form in WV Career portal. applicants can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to WV online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser.