- Salary Offer Based on the organization salary scale
- Years of Experience A minimum of 1 year of experience in the capacity building, agriculture sector, and working within the saffron sector is preferable
- Number of Vacancies: 6
- Contract Duration Project Base
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HIHAO/08/22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Possess at least a Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture (Horticulture will be preferable). Or have the relevant qualification or experience in the field of agriculture, preferably in the field of saffron.
- close Date May 22, 2022
About Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization HIHAO:
Hand in Hand Afghanistan Organization (HIHAO) is a not-for-profit organization based in Afghanistan. It started operations in 2007. HIHAO is part of the international Hand in Hand (HiH) network of independent organizations, working together toward a shared vision to alleviate poverty through job creation. The overall Hand in Hand mission is to promote the economic and social empowerment of women, by supporting the creation of sustainable enterprises, and improved livelihoods and jobs.
HIHAO has implemented projects funded by DFID, European Union, CAFOD, WFP, GIZ, USAID, WB, Danida, Sida, Hilti Foundation and Hand in Hand International through its main office in Kabul and regional office in Mazar-e-Sharif.
Hand in Hand Afghanistan is implementing the “Organic growth: taking Afghanistan’s first organic saffron value chain to scale project” in Herat province of Afghanistan. It is a 5-year project from August 2021 to July 2026 funded by DANIDA.
The Trainer/Mobilizer will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager. They mobilize project members into collectives and provide organic saffron production training to collective members and enable them practically to grow their farms and harvest organic saffron.
- Work to create awareness about the project in the designated areas and engage local stakeholders in the process.
- Mobilize farmers into collectives and collect their bio-data at baseline assessment.
- Train formers on organic saffron production through developed manuals and visual aids.
- Train the selected saffron company staff and processors on responsible business conduct (RBC) and gender.
- Develop his/her monthly action plan and travels to districts/villages to implement the project activities.
- Conduct experimental training to ensure learning of the participants including the farmers and members of collectives.
- Ensure that the training met the needs of the identified members of collectives.
- Test and evaluate improvement and achievement of members in technical knowledge and skills through conducting pretest and posttest and other on-the-job evaluations.
- Prepare monthly training plan for training and mobilization of farmers and members of collectives.
- Take photos and video clips while delivering training to the farmers and project participants for visibility of the project.
- Prepare and submit the monthly reports to the Project Manager relating to monthly activities carried out.
Perform any other tasks as required by the project
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with relevant experience. A degree in horticulture will be preferable.
- Candidates applying for this position must have the relevant technical knowledge and at least one year’s experience in agriculture saffron-related activities preferably in the training of community farmers will be an asset.
- Knowledge of local context is mandatory thus candidates from Herat Province are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit their applications comprised of a one-page cover letter explaining his / her interest and suitability for the position along with an updated CV.
Only shortlisted candidates whose application meets the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org