- Salary Offer As per salary scale
- Address IAM NOOR/ NOOR Eye Care Programme
- Years of Experience As per CIC/SC Salary Scale
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Full-time, permanent contract renewable annually; 3 month probationary period
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University Degree in relevant area of engineering (biomedical, electrical, software, computer, mechatronics)
- close Date February 10, 2023
About International Assistance Mission (IAM):
The International Assistance Mission (IAM) is an International Non-Government Organization registered in Switzerland (registration #CH-660-1239000-6) and Afghanistan (registration #001). IAM is one of the oldest NGOs in Afghanistan.
IAM established the NOOR (National Organization for Ophthalmic Rehabilitation) Eye Care Programme in 1966 with the goal of providing high quality and affordable access to eye care to the people of Afghanistan.
Purpose of the organization
The International Assistance Mission (IAM) is serving the people of Afghanistan through capacity building in the sectors of Health and Economical Development.
Describe your project here.
NOOR Eye Care Training Center is a project of IAM which provides affordable eye care service and training of eye care professional for the people of Afghanistan
- Repair and maintenance of all hospital equipment
- Liaise with doctors regarding equipment use.
- Acquire and follow manuals for equipment.
- Search the internet for information on machine function, use, and common problems.
- Follow debugging process to identify and fix problems.
- Perform preventative maintenance of machines
- Fix external equipment on behalf of NOOR
- Develop and maintain maintenance schedule of equipment
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Acquisition of parts
- Contact suppliers
- Logistics of acquisition
- Share knowledge
- Train doctors and nurses on correct use of equipment
- Train other biomedical engineers
- Excellence in reading and writing English
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Creative problem solving
- Teachable and curious, always willing to learn and discover new things
- Computer programming experience
- Electronics experience
Submission guidelines / Contact information
Send the soft copy of your application and CV to email address:
Email. Address: email@example.com
Please write in the subject of your email: Trainee Biomedical Engineer
Send a hard copy of your application and CV to:
Darulaman Road, Noor Eye Care Training Center
Please note – ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED