- Salary Offer As per Company Salary Scale
- Experience 1 year
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Fixed-Term Appointment
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 10009059
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date June 14, 2021
- Education Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher NA
Within the regional framework of the Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees (SSAR), UNHCR continues to facilitate a protection and solutions dialogue through Tripartite and Quadripartite platforms. On 6 July, a high-level meeting on the SSAR Support Platform was convened; and the Core Group and the Governments of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan was inaugurated on 7 October 2020. 2020 Afghanistan Conference was convened in Geneva on 23-24 November. The communique of the Conference includes the participants’ commitment to ‘work closely to facilitate the voluntary, safe, dignified and sustainable return, rehabilitation and reintegration of the Afghan refugees and express appreciation to those regional countries, in particular Pakistan and the Islamic Republic of Iran, that continue to host them’. The Priority Areas of Return and Reintegration (PARR) has been expanded from 20 to 40 areas throughout the country to assist the Government of Afghanistan, in collaboration with various partners including development agencies, and promote sustainable reintegration of returnees as well as provide support for the returning communities including IDPs in line with the ‘whole-of-society’ approach of the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) / the Global Compact on Refuges (GCR).
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity Within the regional framework of the Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees (SSAR),
Under the direct supervision of Senior Snr. Admin Associate, the incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Distribute incoming cables, messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions.
- Ensure that all communications handed to him/her for transmission are properly prepared and authorized and promptly transmitted.
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- Maintain a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the telecommunication equipment are entered.
- Ensure that no unauthorized communications are exchanged on the network.
- Maintain all the equipment placed under his/her responsibility in good working condition.
- Assist new staff members in the proper operation of telecommunication equipment.
- May perform secretarial functions, such as handling paperwork on routine matters, arranges appointment/meetings both internally and externally, screen telephone calls, type a wide variety of materials from drafts, printed text, use word processor.
- May assist in making travel arrangements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential qualifications, skills and professional experience
- Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher NA
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Regulate requmts radio license
- Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English
- For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Sound knowledge and practice of secretarial functions
- AD-UNHCR Administrative/Secretarial procedures;
- CO-Cross-cultural communication;
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter, fact sheet and duly completed and signed Personal History Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates should send a letter of motivation along with a duly completed UNHCR Standard Personal History Form by email to email@example.com.
Applicants should clearly indicate the title of the Position and Vacancy Notice Number: IVN/AFG/KBL/21/13 in the subject line.
Candidates will be required to pass a written test. Only candidate who score 50% of the total marks will be invited for oral interview.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the test.
The recruitment for this position shall be in line with the new Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS) policy. Please refer to RALS policy No. 36 – 40 on eligibility to apply (UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev.1)
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for consideration
Please note that below applications shall not be CONSIDERED:
Applications which do not have the post title and vacancy number in the subject line
Applications without a motivation letter
Applications without a UNHCR Standard signed Personal History Form
Applications with missing or wrong information in the Personal History Form
Applications submitted after the deadline