- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience At least two years of experience in procurement, logistics, or supply chain management in the development sector. Candidate with recent work experience with INGOs in procurement, logistics, and supply chain management experience
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Not specified
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AD#AF 317/23
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master's Degree
- close Date March 23, 2023
About BRAC Afghanistan
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
She/he will support team to work effectively to bring changes in livelihood status and support team in developing vocational and entrepreneurial skills, adapting to the needs of the local markets, and supporting business incubation, particularly targeting women and youth. He/ She ensures transparency in grant or input support participants to facilitate the opening of businesses or entering wage or self-employment and he work on businesses, and value chain entrepreneurs. Identify value chain opportunities, notably by mapping and evaluating existing supply chains, and recommend additional priority opportunities for value chain development;
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and strengthening the relation with relevant stakeholder (Govt institutions and NGOs) to support BRAC in strategic planning, policy and program implementation in selected areas
- Technical specialist MSME & VC will support team to conduct a need analysis and assessment in each targeted province to identify relevant trades or occupations that are in demand among target groups in the community, and present viable livelihoods conditions.
- Develop strategic planning, policy and program implementation for MSME and VC, Select formal and informal women entrepreneurs as per set criteria and Conduct business training as well.
- Conduct rapid needs assessment and identify priority areas for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the target areas and Identified informal and formal businesses.
- Carry out effective monitoring and evaluation of the training activities reviewing quality, quantity, timelines, and budget constraints based on concrete indicators set in the proposal and finalized at the outset of the program and suggest improvements for future course correction keeping in view the challenges faced and lessons learnt during the program implementation.
- MSME’s priority areas should be based on market demand with potential for growth and value chains.
- Support to identify in the target project areas, the final suite of training that will be offered to project participants.
- She/ He will support the participant who are currently not in any form of wage or self-employment will be matched to their preferred trades and enrolled them into the vocational training component and others
- Supports the team during the selection of participants, prioritizing the involvement of women and other vulnerable groups participants.
- Conduct post-distribution monitoring for grant utilization and its impact on their businesses.
- Follow up the process of stipend or providing input for those participants who successfully complete the training to support them with the starting up of their self- or wage employment
- Timely technical support to provincial team about the linking of the participants to existing financial institutions and to potential businesses
- Technical support to the team how to conduct sensitization activities in the communities to create a more enabling environment for women and vulnerable groups to take up livelihood opportunities.
- Ensure regular coordination with M&E Dept to find out the gap /deviation for on time correction and decision in order to achieve project objective successfully
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
• Familiar with report writing and planning
• Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
• Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in provinces and Districts
• Must be a team player with initiative and demonstrated ability to work in a challenging work environment;
• Strong work ethic and the ability to interact well with stakeholders at various levels; and
• Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
• Good organizational, communication, interpersonal
interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below: https://jobs.af/jobs/technical-specialist-micro-small-and-medium-enterprises-and-value-chain
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse.
BRAC Afghanistan retains the right to not recruit for any of the positions advertised for here.
BRAC Afghanistan is seeking application for mention position anticipated project.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
BRAC Afghanistan Human Resource person details.
Name: Javid Akbari
Designation: Human Resource Officer
WhatsApp No# +93 700730586
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job, please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 07730