- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 2 - 4 years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration 8 month
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference RW-CO-004-2023
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension May
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date January 28, 2023
About Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programs.
The Poultry Officer will work under the direct supervision of project coordinator. And will plan, design, implement, monitor, and control poultry activities of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Implement sustainable methodologies and techniques for assisting beneficiaries with planning and execution of livestock and poultry and other related activities directed at improving livelihood of target population.
· Assist and capacitate beneficiaries and BVWs( Basic Veterinary Workers) on best practices regarding the livestock and poultry farming to improve the quality and quantity of their production.
· Provide guidance on how to correct issues that may limit productivity of livestock and Poultry.
· Train project beneficiaries and workers on best dairy and layer farming of livestock and poultry management practices.
· Check and regularly monitor farm hygiene and sanitation and maintain high level of bio security .
· Conduct post mortem and prescribe the required medicine/ vaccine.
· Advice best management practices for poultry and cow faming.
· Prepare seasonal calendar of bio security and safety, livestock and poultry management of related activities at province level.
· Solve local technical livestock and poultry issues where possible and report on-going problems including outbreaks of diseases and poultry mortality.
· Initiate and supervise capacity building and awareness raising of the related project activities to the project participants including beneficiaries, community entities, and other project stakeholders.
· Contribute to project activities through sharing experiences and his/her findings,
· Undertake any other task assigned by the project coordinator.
· Bachelor Degree in Animal Science/Veterinary Science
· At least 4 years’ experience in relevant field of animal husbandry (Livestock & poultry)
· Excellent communication in both Dari and Pashto languages, and Fluent English speaking, and excellent writing skills
· Enthusiasm to the job, gender sensitivity, willingness to work in rough field conditions and with local communities. Willingness to travel as per the project requirements, a self-starter and well experience training and good communicator.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 28 January 2023.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.