- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Years of Experience Experience is preferred (10 years)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 11-Months
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 627/2023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Medical Degree and a master’s degree in public health or medical field is an advantage
- close Date March 31, 2023
Care of Afghan Families (CAF) is a non-governmental, non-political, not-for-profit, and independent Afghan organization. The organization was established on January 2003 in Kabul and is registered with the Ministry of Economy. CAF is mainly involved in the field of Health, Nutrition, Community Development, Education Research & Women and Youth Empowerment. For further information about CAF, please visit the website: www.caf.org.af
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Technical Health Manager he will be responsible to ensure the smooth implementation of all technical issues of BPHS, & assist the Project Director in day-to-day activities. As per TECH-5 (project Work plan) he will be responsible to work and manage all the activities from D1. Start up, to D36: Closing of the project. Besides he is responsible for supervising and monitoring 46 BPHS HFs, 1 PH, school, managing the technical staff of the project, developing technical quarterly and monthly FMR reports, and Implementation of HQIP and follow-up of the project target indicators.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- He has to implement all CAF policies and contract requirements in all aspects of project management.
- He has to implement all the project’s technical activities smoothly considering the timeline mentioned in the project work plan 100%.
- He must support the project management team to ensure overall management of the project in line with the agreed work plan and output and outcome indicators.
- Support the project management team in strengthening coordination with PPHD and other stakeholders.
- Support the project director to effectively lead, coach, and mentor the project management team
- Support the project management team and ensure the provision of services is in line with BPHS, standards.
- Developing the project M&E plan, implementation and follow up of the plan and reporting of monitoring from BPHS HFs, participation in joint monitoring, mentoring, coaching and on the job training of HFs staff, and presenting the project target achievements.
- Support the project management team in adopting a supportive supervision approach in BPHS facilities.
- Monitoring the quality of supervision and monitoring of health facilities by project team.
- Conducting monitoring of health facilities together with the project team on randomly basis.
- Follow up of monitoring of action plan of external monitors including the PHD and MoPH.
- Ensure planning, supervision, and implementation of nutrition activities including IMAM and IYCF at HFs level, reporting of nutrition activities, defaulter tracking, distribution of therapeutic food and coordination with stakeholders.
- He is responsible for Emergency Response at project level and has to support the project management team in establishing a health emergency response team at different levels. Meanwhile, ensure the DHs are ready 24 hours/7days a week responding any outbreak of diseases or any natural or manmade disaster. In addition, the TM is expected to coordinate health emergencies with national DEWS department at the provincial level.
- He must work and strengthen the referral system and support the project management team in establishing/maintaining a strong two-way referral is marinating between BPHS and EPHS and regional hospital.
- He is responsible for the Quality of BPHS Services including Infection preventions and waste management system and he is expected to lead the application of quality assurance (QA/HQIP) throughout the cycle from planning, and implementation to evaluation at the provincial level.
- He has to work for the Human Resource Management and Development; Support the project management in adopting innovative approaches for staff, particularly female, recruitment, and retention.
- Support the project management team in conducting regular TNA for capacity building of staff, manage human resource development plan for staff.
- Support the project director to conduct regular performance appraisal of project team.
- Work with Health facilities staff so that they achieve the given targets.
- Strengthening coordination with PPHD and other stakeholders
- Coaching, and mentoring the Provincial Performance Management unit.
- Implement BSC questionnaire in all Health Facilities and ensure the HFs staff understood using the BSC result.
- Improvement the results of HMIS verification through different types of interventions (training, mentoring, checking, follow up and coaching) of Management and Health facilities staff.
- Ensure the on-time collection, compilation, review, accuracy, and consistency of various projects report and its submission to the provincial director.
- Cooperate in problem-solving of the projects.
- Supervise and monitor the different type of HFs on monthly basis and take corrective action on the spot.
- Being an observer during external monitoring, ensure remedial action plan is made by project staff, reviewed and shared with related departments, then implementation of that action plan is closely followed up so that in the next monitoring such findings do not exist.
- Emergency Response: Ensure the hospital is ready 24 hours/7days a week responding any outbreak of diseases or any natural or manmade disaster. Besides he has to establish/strengthen health emergency preparedness and response team Coordination with Provincial DEWS Dept.
- Strengthening the referral system: Ensure a strong two-way referral is marinating between BPHS and EPHS and regional hospital.
- For Recording and Reporting he must ensure all the activities are properly documented, being available, and data are used for further improvement of BPHS services and management.
- Act according to the policies of CAF.
- Keep confidentiality with issues related to CAF.
- Develop Spirit of cooperation and understanding among members of the team.
- Work with honesty and cooperative attitude and keep a high standard of quality.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Degree and a master’s degree in public health or the medical field is an advantage
- 10 years of experience managing health programmers.
- Having strong managerial team building.
- Having received training in hospital management or equivalent.
- Fluent in English and local languages.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Having proper leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to solving issues.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on Microsoft Office, Excel, World
CV along with cover letterhead should be sent to:
HQ Office Address: House # 2194, Street # 7th Qala-E-Fatullah Khan District # 10th -Kabul Afghanistan
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Interviews.
Important Note: Applicants should copy and paste the Vacancy Announcement (VA) Number which is VA# 627/2023 into the email subject line.