- Salary Offer As per ADF NTA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 2-3years of progressively Experience.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Open ended
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference ADF-211
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University degree, preferably in an agribusiness related curriculum.
- close Date June 6, 2023
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to increase lending to the agriculture sector to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and can enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level. Until it transitions to the Government of Afghanistan in 2014, the ADF is managed by the Agriculture Credit Enhancement (ACE) program a USAID contract.
- Provide technical support to existing and potential/prospective clients of the ADF.
- Provide technical support to the credit and risk management departments in the ADF.
- Undertake technical feasibility exercises in regard to the loan and grant proposals received by the ADF, more particularly with reference to the internationally accepted best practices/standards of food safety, health, hygiene and environmental compliance.
- Provide technical inputs in designing credit and other products/services of ADF.
- Undertake sector/activity specific and region-specific studies to validate the business models of ADF.
- Maintain a robust database/MIS on the agricultural sector in the country, with a view to mapping the potential for enhancing agricultural lending by ADF.
- Represent ADF in the meetings of the national/regional technical working groups and in other academic/technical events.
- Facilitate the conduct of training programs/workshops.
- Works as a member of the ADF Technical Services Team in close coordination with the Lending Team and counterparts to evaluate, analyze, offer assessments and recommendations relative to the processing of Loan Applications from ADF’s clients, ensuring to maximizing the impact of resources provided to ADF as related to value chain development.
- Collaborates in the provision of technical assistance to ADF clients, ensuring the quality of the assistance that contributes to successful business ventures and enabling clients to comply with their credit obligations. Strong focus is on the development of Marketing Strategies, Business Plans and Investment plans.
- Along with ADF team counterparts, achieve deliverables as defined within the ADF annual work plans.
- Coordinates with ADF team members, MAIL counterparts and (partnering) value chain implementers as related to special events, training programs and demonstrations.
- Works with regional value chain networks, assists in the identity of ADF finance opportunities, GDAs and other agribusiness deals.
- Designs VC upgrading strategies, addressing production, processing and marketing priorities.
- Other tasks as required by supervisor.
- Experience supporting the technical development of agriculture value chains, especially perennial and annual horticulture, oil crops and wheat. Strong knowledge of production conditions and structure of the field production in the North and Northeast Region.
- Able to work with framers organizations and private agribusiness in developing marketing plans, business planning, including the training for these actors.
- Experience in links with regional government authorities such as DAIL and NGO’s operating agricultural and livestock programs in the Region.
- A University degree, preferably in an agribusiness related curriculum
- 2-3years of progressively responsible and supervisory experience
- Fluent English, excellent Dari and Pashto.
All interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number (ADF- 211 ) in the subject line before the closing date to the below email address. Please note that as the job location is Paktia province,therefore only qualified candidates who are living in Paktia province will be consider for shortlisting.