- Salary Offer Based On DRC Salary Scale
- Address Nangarhar/ Kunar
- Years of Experience 3 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference N/A
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period Not Specified
- Education University degree
- close Date August 15, 2022
About Danish Refugee Council:
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum five years of De-mining (Mine/ERW clearance experience).
- Minimum two years Sur/EOD experience in the TL position
- 1-year EORE experience
- Should have the EOD- AMAS/IMAS-level 3 qualifications.
- Should have good communication and report writing skills
- High school (Certificate is attached)
- Should have the team leader course certificate
- Basic management course
- TS and NTS course certificates
- EOD level 2 and 3 certificates
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English – basic
- Able to use the computer programs such as (DOS. Windows, Word, MS and Excel)
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall role of the QRT team leader (survey/EOD EORE team leader) conducting an NTS survey and collect updated and reliable information about hazardous areas and tasks, particularly focusing on areas where the HDP program has clearance operation in the future.
Quick response to EOD emergency tasks reported by affected communities, focusing on clearing emergency mine/ERW small size tasks in support of the DMAC Emergency Hotline system.
Oversee activities of EORE instructors in the team to ensure the RE sessions are going as per the SOP.
- The QR TL (Survey/EOD and RE) must have a strong background in the survey and will ideally have been involved in conducting a polygon survey/a Non-Technical Survey.
- The survey/EOD team leader conducts emergency EOD tasks and destruction of spot mine/ERW in the targeted area.
- The survey/EOD team leader should lead or deliver the Mine/ERW risk education sessions to the community and an area where people are at high risk according to the plan.
- Before any Survey team/ section deploys, the survey/EOD team leader must ensure to have the information specific to the district is provided by the AO and HDP operation department.
- Direct supervision of survey team in an operational site
- Obtain all appropriate surveys from official government bodies (Government /Police/Military) in the area of operations.
- Conduct QA/QC checks of the Sur/EOD and RE team staff performance/product daily as described in QA/QC SOP.
- Be aware of the security alerts and evacuation routes in case of security collapse in the area of operations. Establish an evacuation plan.
- Be responsible for explosives storekeeping, inventory transportation and safety of survey/EOD teams.
- Be responsible for overall technical/operational management and radio communications issues by DRC HMA SOPs at the operational site and within the area of responsibility.
- Control quality and quantity of survey/EOD and RE work in the field and make sure that all the activities are according to the plan and SOP.
- Oversee activities of EORE instructors to ensure the RE sessions are going as per guidelines and the assigned work plan
- Collect data from the EORE instructors about EO information and EO accidents, review the reports and submit them to the DMAC RO through RE Officer/operation officer.
- Follow up with the EORE instructors to ensure the EORE training material is in good condition and that enough EORE material is available for distribution during the sessions.
- Establish and maintain a strong liaison with local authorities and the community during the operation and specifically inform all relevant community and authorities before each controlled demolition at the site.
- Maintain good discipline within the team during the operation and when they stay in the field camp.
- Control the working condition of equipment of survey, EOD, and RE materials for any damages and see to replacements if necessary.
- Undertake any other tasks as ordered by the Operation Officer/HDP Team leader in the area.
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a letter of motivation and DRC Job Application form, you can access our job application form from the below link.