- Salary Offer 23,572 - 25,649 AFN
- Years of Experience Minimum 2 years
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration Contract duration 3 months’ probation, 1 year and renewable after successful completing probation period.
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference (IAM)
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • A Bachelors degree or higher in a field relevant to Education.
- close Date June 10, 2022
About International Assistance Mission (IAM):
IAM is an international non-governmental, non-political and non-profit NGO working in Afghanistan since 1966 aiming to build capacity of Afghans in the field of education. IAM has implemented literacy projects through CDP in the provinces of Kabul, Ghor, Badakhshan and Kandahar.
The Female Teacher Education Project (FTEP) commenced in 2013 to provide access to equal and quality education for females in villages of Balkh province.
The objective of the project is to increase the number of female teachers in target communities in Balkh province and improve teaching practices. As a result, there is greater access for girls’ education in rural areas of Balkh Province.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Village Visits for classroom observation and mentoring
- Conduct classroom observations and evaluate students’ performance and development.
- Mentor students and provide appropriate feedback.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’ varying needs.
- Assist in gathering baseline and ongoing school data
- Build relationships with school staff
- Foster strong communication and teamwork within staffing team
Responsible to: Project Manager and Head of Teaching and Learning
- A Bachelors degree or higher in a field relevant to Education.
- Two years classroom teaching experience, particularly in Student Centered Methodology.
- Proven specialisation in English, Chemistry or Physics preferred.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, PPT and email
- Good skills in conflict management and resolution.
- Strong communicator in Dari
- Good communicator in English
- Strong skills in team building.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to endure and overcome challenges
- Works well in a team and individually
- A high degree of personal integrity
- Takes initiative
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by sending their Resumes (CVs) to firstname.lastname@example.org