- Salary Offer As per organization's salary scale
- Years of Experience At least two years’ experience in developing and implementing of teacher training programs, as well as some experience of school teaching and one-year relevant experience.
- Number of Vacancies: 10
- Contract Duration 1 Year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference OCCD/KBL/GZI/025
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education At least grade 16 educations from higher education degree in the field of education will be desirable.
- close Date November 28, 2022
Organization for Community Coordination and Development (OCCD) established and registered with Ministry of Economy in 2013, is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political and independent organization. OCCD works in partnership with Government, development and implementing partners in Health, Education, Agriculture and Livestock, Research and Development
The main purpose of this position is to provide the CBE/ ALP and Formal School teachers technical support, on job training and trainings to raise their capacities of teaching and to sustain the delivery of comprehensive education, Psychosocial Support, Child Protection.
Under this section, OCCD expect the Teacher Trainer to identify and proposed methods for effectively implementing the session on training of teachers as trainers using recommended training manual for comprehensive education, Psychosocial Support, Child Protection and DRR, Also, under the supervision and in close co-operation with Ministry of Education, and OCCD project team, the expert will implement training objectives.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Using the project teacher training package and approaches, build the professional skills of community teachers in subject knowledge, teaching methods and techniques for successful delivery of the community-based education. He / She will spend 80% of his/her work time in the field.
- Prepares school annual, monthly, weekly and daily monitoring and supervision plans;
- Observes classroom teaching-learning process and activities and provides on the job training and assistance to the teachers;
- Visit and provide in-classroom support to every teacher at least twice a month.
- Work with community members in identifying non-formal education needs, assuring the community cooperation with the program and their participation in the school Shura affairs.
- Conduct campaigns and trainings for raising awareness of the community, especially for improvement of female education and their further participation in education.
- Prepare and maintain the teacher supervision, class monitoring and teacher in-classroom support files; prepare the work plan in consultation with the team and the provincial manager; report on activities on monthly bases.
- Distribute textbooks and other learning and classroom documentation materials to the classes.
- Establish and maintain productive work relationship and coordinate activities with the MoE hub school/district/provincial officials and with other organizations of the education sector.
- Undertakes school material need assessment during the monitoring trips and makes sure timely delivery of required materials to schools;
- Undertakes physical check of school building in order to ensure the existence of conducive physical learning environment;
- Develops training aid materials;
- Conducts evaluation of training sessions.
- Submits accurate and proper monitoring, supervision, training, observation, and other relevant reports to the project supervisor in timely manner.
- Assists the Project Manager in the development of the final versions of various reports
Holds self-accountable for making decisions managing resources in the training efficiently achieving and holds the team of CM and Teachers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- At least grade 16 educations from higher education degree in the field of education will be desirable.
- Strong training skills, preferably for community teachers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Pashto, Dari is in preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in developing and implementing of teacher training programs, as well as some experience of school teaching and one-year relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the value of education in Holy Islam, the child development and the current trends of education in Afghanistan.
- Knowledge of the local community structure, dynamics and development.
- Good planning skills.
Note:- There is a three months of probationary period for all staff, Incase the employee fails to fulfill the requirements or completion of given tasks during this period OCCD can end his/her contract immediately.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes along with the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE THE VACANCY#, POSITION, AND PROVINCE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted