- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Experience 01
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Fixed term ( Extendable )
- Contract Type Short-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference AKESA-KBL/VA2021/18
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date September 26, 2021
- Education Bachelor in Computer Science
About Aga Khan Education Services:
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world to improve the quality of life of the communities. Through the provision of ECD, formal (K-12) and non-formal education programs, AKES seeks to enable all children and students to acquire both knowledge and the essential wisdom needed to balance that knowledge and enable them to attain the highest fulfilment.
AKES Afghanistan (AKES,A) started its operation in Afghanistan in 2003. Ever since, AKES,A has been providing quality ECD and non-formal education programs that benefitted thousands of children and students living in marginalized areas. Currently, AKES,A is operating in 6 provinces namely Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan and Badakhshan reaching to over 25,000 children and students through one Central Office in Kabul, three Regional Offices and several Hub Offices.
ICT Teacher is responsible for effectively teach various levels of computer programs to children and adults, conduct proper examination process, prepare and send the report timely, and help the center in enrollment process and other related activities.
- Preparing daily/weekly qualitative lesson plans and delivering lesson consistent with its specific objectives.
- Teaching computers Microsoft Office package 2016 (Database), A+ Hardware, Networking and Graphic designing package (Corel DRAW, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop Cs and Microsoft Publisher).
- Preparing and developing teaching materials and tools that can facilitate the lesson delivery and help the students.
- Maintaining functioning of the ICT-Lab by assisting teachers when facing difficulties in conducting sessions/classes.
- Using appropriate teaching methods and materials according to the level of students and keeping in mind their individual interest and desire.
- Maintaining effective classroom management that can maximize the students learning through developing positive relationship between teacher-student and among student.
- Providing clear instructions and teaching techniques for students through displaying effective methods and subject knowledge.
- Keeping and maintaining the attendance record of students, follow up the attendance issues with course participants whenever required.
- Keeping and maintaining the students, personal information, progress and academic records or performance throughout the course.
- Doing the maintenance of ICT-Lab such as installations of required application software and keep clean the environment of hardware condition.
- Maintaining the functioning of ICT-Lab network properly and protect computers from viruses.
- Assisting in conducting the final exam with Regional ICT training and program assistant.
- Taking initiative and contributing to other activates such as registration, student enrollment or any other practice as required.
- Taking active part in personal improvement activates through participating in the training, presentations and teamwork.
- Reporting any emergency cases to the Regional ICT training and program assistant or center in charge for finding solution and taking appropriate action.
- Preparing regular reports and updates to the Regional ICT training and program assistant based on weekly, monthly or quarterly basis according to dateline.
- Conduct final examinations as per term schedule in all ICT centers.
- Check/modify exam papers of each student for announcing the results in all ICT centers.
- Provide the final databases and exam results of each ICT center to the ICT program officer/Manager for processing the certification at the end of every term.
- Prepare placement for new intake students based on each ICT courses.
- Make sure the transparency of enrollment has been conducted properly based on selection enrollment criteria.
- Manage ICT classes based on target enrollment and teaching schedule.
- Maintain the database of the students
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- ICDL Intermediate Certificate
- Microsoft certification courses Office 2016
- At least one year of teaching experience in computer application programs in a reliable institute.
- Hardware, troubleshooting and network knowledge & skills (technical skills).
- Presentation, classroom management skills, motivating students and resolving conflict.
- Written and verbal communication skills in both (English and Dari).
- Basic knowledge and skills on graphic designing (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel DRAW etc.).
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to manage a complex workload and prioritize them.
Female applicants, who meet the above stated requirements, are encouraged to apply
To carry out the roles and responsibilities in a way that reflects AKES, A’s commitment to safeguarding and protecting of children, vulnerable adults, beneficiaries, partners, visitors, community members, and employees in accordance with AKES, A’s Safeguarding policy, Anti-Cyber Bullying Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy
To apply for this position, kindly use the below link and fill up the form.