- Salary Offer NTA
- Experience Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, or any other relevant discipline combined with relevant experience (below); Relevant experience: 2 or more years experience in relevant position(s) in Government/donor-funded project
- Number of Vacancies 5
- Contract Duration One Year
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference ALASP/C-111
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date August 10, 2021
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, or any other relevant discipline with 4 years relivante experience
About Ministry of urban development and land:
Based on 107 decree dated 1397/9/10 of President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Afghanistan Land Authority was merged with Ministry of Urban Development and Housing under the name of “Ministry of Urban Development and Land” (MUDL) wherein deputy ministry of land was established under ministry.
The Afghanistan Land Administration Project (ALASP) is designed within a programmatic framework, considering the land administration challenges faced by the country. These challenges create the need to build over time a clearer and comprehensive policy and legal enabling framework, institutional and technical capacity, professional knowledge and experience, technology, and systems, as well as adequate Cadastre and property registry information. Drawing on the overall framework of the IDPL, the project will focus on critical building blocks required to develop a modern land administration system in the country, while allowing MUDL and other relevant stakeholders, including municipalities and local communities, to gain experience in implementing land survey, registration and other land-market-related activities in two of the IDPL’s selected cities, namely Kabul and Herat. Moreover, building upon the work led by UN Habitat, the project will support the issuance of land Occupancy Certificates (OCs) to informal urban population ensuring a systematic approach to land tenure rights. Emphasizing modern technological approaches and global good practices suitable to the Afghan context, subsequent phases would help expand systematic land survey and registration to other urban, and eventually rural areas, as MUDL capacity is strengthened at the provincial level and new land policies and laws are made operational. This would further help decentralize land administration services and build citizens’ trust at the local level. In addition, the transition from deed to title registration will continue as well as the development of national capacity for land survey and valuation. Subsequently, the Land Information System (LIS) would be made fully interoperable with other relevant information systems in the country, leading in time to the eventual establishment of a National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall undertake the following responsibilities under direct supervision of the OC Provincial Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Developing daily, weekly and monthly work plans in accordance with the plan of the provincial PRUIS department to achieve predetermined goals.
- Classifying and indexing documents in a way to identify and recognize them to the specific features assigned to each document that will permit easy retrieval.
- Distribution of bank tariffs to the OC beneficiaries and encouraging OC beneficiaries to pay their dues.
- Guiding OC beneficiaries in the tariff payment process.
- Receiving the bank receipt from OC beneficiaries and submitting the receipts to the provincial land department.
- Notifying the OC holders to obtain the OCs from Land Department.
- Collecting the copies of distributed OC related documents.
- Submitting bank receipt information into OC system.
- Maintaining archive shelves or files and arranging the OC related documents according to the filing and archiving plan.
- Facilitating fast retrieval of the necessary information that the relevant department/units need.
- Working closely with the GR committee.
- Working closely with the relevant district officer, social organizer, technical survey team and other co-workers.
- Communicating with members of the Cadastre Territory Unit Committee (CTU-C) committee and influential people of each area (Guzar) in order to engage them and seek their support in program implementation.
- Supporting the team in organizing small and large gatherings at each district and sub-district (Guzar) level.
- Preparing and submiting weekly and monthly reports on a regular basis
- Working closely with Civil Service teams, building their capacity in the related fields, working towards a transition plan before the end of contract and submitting to civil service team.
- Any other tasks as per requirements and delegation of line managers.
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, or any other relevant discipline with 4 years relivante experience.,
- Preferred qualification: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Economics, or any other relevant discipline combined with relevant experience (below);
- Relevant experience: 2 or more years experience in relevant position(s) in Government/donor-funded projects
- Conflict Management Skills
- Ability to cope well under pressure, work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures;
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Fluent in Pashto/Dari
- Fluent oral and written skills in English;
Qualified and interested Afghan nationals are requested to send their application, including a LETTER OF INTEREST plus PROFISSIONAL CV to email@example.com .
Please mention the POSITION AND VACANCY NUMBER in your email subject and in your cover letter, OTHERWISE the application will not be accepted.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for the written test or interview.
Female Candidates are Highly Encouraged to Apply.