- Salary Offer As per organization salary scale
- Address Bamian
- Years of Experience At least 3 years’ Experience in the hospital.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Surgeon Specialist BMN-NR0005
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Surgeon Specialist
- close Date March 26, 2023
About AKHS-A (Aga Khan Health Service-Afghanistan):
Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of the most comprehensive private, not‐for‐profit health care systems in the developing world with community health programs in large geographical areas in Central and South Asia, as well as in East Africa.
The Aga Khan Health Services, Afghanistan (AKHS, A) was established in 2003 as part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). AKHS, A provides health care services mainly on behalf of the government including the Ministry of Public Health’s of Afghanistan’s Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS). AKHS, A is unique both in scale and scope, delivering critical health services along the continuum of care, from Community Health Workers (CHWs) to ISO certified hospital facilities.
Since 2003 AKHS, A is implementing Healthcare services in Bamyan, Baghlan and Badakhshan provinces. The agency’s scope of work includes the provision of primary and secondary Healthcare, Preventive and curative medical care, Nursing and Midwifery education, Human Resources Development and Hospital Management. The current working modality and role of AKHS, A in Bamyan and Badakhshan provinces as BPHS and EPHS implementer. AKHS, A provides technical support as well as capacity building of health personnel, immunization services, nutrition trainings and the training of Community Health Nurses and Community Health Midwifery.
AKHS, A tapped into internal and other donor fundings to continue supplementary and complementary supports to the national health system. Moreover, AKHS, A scale up AKDN innovations, including, expansions of e-Health services, e-learning initiatives, and cross border arrangements. To promote healthy environment, AKHS, A is implementing net zero and greenhouse gas emission.
- Serve as team member in Surgery Department.
- Conduct daily ward rounds for support to MDs, observation, and review of patients.
- Run specialist clinics on a regular basis.
- Regularly monitor patients’ progress and provide documentation.
- Attend to emergency cases when necessary and be on 24 hours call, as per the Duty Roster.
- Carry out routine and emergency surgical operations and other procedures.
- Ensure complete daily documentation of patient case notes/files.
- Ensure complete discharge, referral, and feedback procedures for patients.
- Counsel patients and relatives on health management.
- Maintain regular contacts with heads of other departments to ensure harmonization of patients’ management.
- Support the review and development of appropriate policies and procedures for patients’ health care to formulate best practice guidelines based on EPHS.
- Ensure timely availability of required support services in the process of treating patients, particularly when referred to other specialists.
- Liaise with other consultants on handling specialized cases in provision of patients’ health care.
- Prepare timely and accurate medical reports, audits, and mortality reviews; presenting and distributing these reports to appropriate users.
- Ensure medical records activities are effectively implemented.
- Any other duties assigned by Technical Health Manager or Project Manager.
At least 3 years’ Experience in the hospital.
Good computer knowledge is required [MS. Word and Excel]
Good communication skill and ability to work in a team.
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (Surgeon Specialist BMN-NR0005) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Note: Applications are reviewed on active bases and after receiving sufficient eligible applications we may process the position before closing date.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social statuses.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to app.