- Salary Offer Based on DRC Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Substantial 5 years of work experience in the management of support services within an international non-governmental organization working in the areas of emergency, camp management and the development sector, particularly with displaced communities/refug
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration End of Dec 2023 possibility of Extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-JAA-29-23
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University degree in economics, finance, or other degree deemed similar.
- close Date September 27, 2023
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager Central, the Support Services Team Leader of the East Zone is in charge of the support services composed of administration, HR, logistics and finance and procurement He / She ensures that the organization’s standard policies and internal procedures are in place, understood and adhered to by all DRC staff in the area. He / she supervises, trains and supervises the staff under his supervision.
- Support the Area Manager and area management team in relations with donors and authorities in the area particularly with respect to compliance, registration and audit issues.
- Supervise operational support units for area-level operations in the areas of finance, administration, human resources management and logistics / procurement at the area office as well as in the field , providing strategic leadership and technical support in areas under his supervision
- Oversee, audit and control and implement corrective actions related to DRC operational standards in the areas of finance, administration, human resources and logistics / procurement.
- Ensure DRC continually retains and develops its operational capability to provide a rapid emergency response, particularly within its procurement systems from the procurement, delivery, and storage and transportation plan.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DRC’s overall development initiatives, particularly in the area of contracting and financial accountability.
- Establish and implement in both bases an adequate monitoring and control system for procurement processes, including the organization of requests for quotations, receipt and evaluation of quotation requests, negotiation of certain contract conditions in full compliance with DRC procedures.
- Review and implement an appropriate inventory management system in the bases.
- Develop a risk management plan for the area that identifies key financial and operational risks and implement a mitigation strategy.
- Ensure that all administrative and legal systems are accurate and maintained
- Make sure all equipment, ex. computer equipment / office equipment, telephones, photocopiers in the area, are maintained and used properly.
- Ensure that an appropriate inventory of all DRC equipment in the area is maintained and updated regularly.
- Manage and monitor the use of office supplies by ensuring that supplies are adequate and appropriately supplied and used in the area.
- Work to build the capacity of operational support staff throughout the operation through frequent in-service training and mentoring support.
- Ensure that all recruitment processes in the area are open, transparent and equitable; in accordance with the standard recruitment standards of DRC.
- Manage the induction program for all new staff members joining DRC in the area
- Ensure that the DRC staff appraisal system is understood and applied by all managers in the area and that they control the performance of staff under their supervision in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff capacity building of the support services staff (finance, procurement, logistics, HR and administration) as a part of the annual plan.
- Ensure proper staff management for the support services department on daily basis and make necessary improvement plans.
- Perform any other tasks as instructed by DRC management.
- Ensure timely support provided to the DRC programs at area level
- Ensure that all resources are properly utilized and are in line with the donor and DRC required standards. b
- Ensure that all program goods and services are procured in timely manner.
Ensure timely support is provided to the programs including procurement, transportation, accounting, and reporting.
- Contract length: till 31st of December 2023 with the possibility of extension.
- Band: NMG
- Designation of Duty Station: East Area Office, Jalalabad.
- DRC has Flexible working hours for Female staff as per DRC Policy.
- 13th month’s salary Will be paid by end of each month with salary.
- Top-up credit card as per office regulations.
- 1+1 Health Insurance will be provided by DRC.
- Eid Bonus.
- DRC provide Transport allowance/ Transportation Facilities for female and people with disability.
- DRC Provides kindergarten/ Day Care allowance for max 2 children – Applicable for female mothers.
- Per diem allowance for employee and her Mahram – Applicable for female
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Substantial 5 years of work experience in the management of support services within an international non-governmental organization working in the areas of emergency, camp management and the development sector, particularly with displaced communities/refugees, can replace the qualification in education.
- At least three years of experience in operations management roles and at least two years of experience in a similar role within an international NGO
- University degree in economics, finance, or other degree deemed similar.
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English -advance
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below Apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.