- Years of Experience 1-2 years relevant experience
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration one year (possibility of extension)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 45520
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant.
- close Date September 26, 2023
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
Compliance with Policies:
- Compliance with the IRC WAY (our standards for professional conduct) is a responsibility shared by all involved in delivering on the IRC’s mission. We must abide by the IRC Way and Safeguarding Policies all the time.
- The IRC has zero tolerance approach to the IRC Code of Conduct including safeguarding violations being committed by its staff, consultants, contractors, volunteers, interns, suppliers, vendors, sub-grantees/partners, implementing partners or any other associate.
- Maintain IRC Afghanistan Supply Chain policies and procedures. Ensure that these are available to all concerned staff in the field and communicated well.
- Ensure compliance to Supply Chain policies and procedures and maintain an efficient to remain the main focal point for COVID19 Supply Chain activities in the field
- To ensure all program and operations COVID19 Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) purchases are given urgent priorities
- To update the COVID19 Stock supplies planning tracker on weekly basis and share it with the supervisor
- To conduct a regular market assessment for COVID19 response supplies and update the vendor list
- Maintain IRC and its donors’ policies, procedures, and SOPs are read, understood, and interpreted in the day-to-day activities and communicated with requestors to comply.
- To ensure procurement and compliance issues are well respected when carrying out procurements
- Procure Goods, Services and work in accordance with IRC’ Afghanistan Procurement Policy and Procedures and donors’ regulations.
- Ensure each procurement process is transparently completed and sufficient procurement support documents are obtained to feed both procurement and finance files with the required documents and full audit trail.
- Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, implement internal controls and establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods.
- Ensure to assist the storekeeper and store relevant activities whenever needed.
- Ensure timely purchase and delivery of goods to programs/requestors.
- Distribute monthly supply chain reports to the Supply Chain officer.
- To be able to learn and implement Budget Versus Actual (BvA) for all procurement relevant activities and assure PRs, PO and payments are regularly monitored and do not remain aged.
- Assist Supply chain officer on the day-to-day supply chain activities and proper file keeping and updating.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant.
- Previous experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Excellent in Dari and Pashtu communication and good command in English.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in logistics with an international NGO.
- Good organizational and Able to work under pressure and in areas with security risks.
- Strong personnel management experience.
- To be able to travel to field sites for more SC supports when needed.
- Excellent cross-cultural skills.
- Strong computer skills.
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline