- Salary Offer As per NRC salary scale
- Years of Experience At least 1-2 years working experience in relevant field, preferably experience of work with any agency.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 31 Dec 2022
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference VA-2022-052
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Candidate should be Diploma in Civil Engineering
- close Date May 22, 2022
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Purpose of the Job:
All NRC employees and casual staff are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
In this role the community mobilizer will work closely with the Shelter technical assistants, Casual Workers and the Officers to ensure that projects are implemented with as much community engagement as possible and to ensure that the needs identified are relevant to the community needs.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Manage and implement the planned activities related to emergency shelters for the target communities of the project.
- Participate in relevant external and internal project evaluations and/or needs assessments.
- Provide the primary raw information for the documentation of lessons learned and success stories on the projects.
- Continuously assess shelter needs in the community and undertake gap analysis for development of shelter activities.
- Design and support inclusive shelter solutions that ensure access of all regardless of their age, gender and disability.
- Apply conflict sensitive management tools in shelter programming
- Provide support to Shelter/NFI distribution activities and perform with Logistics spot checks for NFI quality control.
- Organize different awareness session regarding safe shelter in the community.
- Undertake field visit to monitor and review the program performance and share the findings with the team
- Support monitoring and evaluation and reporting team of the project to document Shelter activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Project Manager
At least 1-2 years working experience in relevant field, preferably experience of work with any agency.
At least 1 years relevant working experience in designing and construction of shelters in disaster recovery programs.
Must be honest, well-mannered and neat in appearance.
Ability to remain focused under pressure and to work long hours both day and night shifts.
Computer literature competency needed.
Good in both spoken and written in English and Pashto languages.
Candidate should be Diploma in Civil Engineering
Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct
Able to work in a team and respects opinions of others
Honest and high level of integrity
Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international, local emergencies or major disasters
Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
Eid Bonus once per year.
Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CVs along with a cover letter to below mentioned e-mail. Please make sure to clearly state the (VA-2022-052) in the subject line of your email.
Submission email: email@example.com
Interested qualified candidates can also submit their hard copy CVs with a Cover Letter stating the position title (VA-2022-052) number; to below addresses:
NRC Herat Office Address: Char-Rahi Zaman Jan, Jad-e-Arbabzadaha, in front of Alghias Higher Education Institute- Herat Province.