- Salary Offer As per Organization salary scale
- Years of Experience Minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field, preferably within the INGO sector
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Regular-Base
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 1014
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master’s Degree or other post graduate qualification in the related field
- close Date May 17, 2022
About women for women international:
In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 447,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries (including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan.), offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of program activities and operations of the Jalalabad Sub-Office, reporting to the Country Director, and working in close coordination with the technical program managers based in Jalalabad to ensure compliance with programmatic guidelines and organizational policies and procedures. The Sub-Office Manager is a member of the country office Senior Management Team (SMT).
Duties & Responsibilities
Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Oversee effective implementation of all core program activities in the Jalalabad Sub-Office, including training of program participants, sponsorship activities and monitoring and evaluation.
- Oversee the finance and logistic department ensuring activities is in compliance with WFWI policies and procedures.
- Oversee the HR and Admin activities in the sub-office in compliance with WFWI policies and procedures with the support of HR department.
- Participating in the recruitment of all senior managers level positions and other as the need arises.
- Helping /provide support regarding recruitment, compliance, record keeping, compensation, and other performance managements in Nangarhar province.
- Help maintain working relationship with local and international partners, relevant government agencies, international and local NGOs working in country.
- Oversee effective implementation of all special projects and grants.
- Produce weekly progress reports and other internal and donor reports as required.
- Collaborate with the M&E Coordinator to ensure the collection of monitoring and evaluation data for the Sub-Office according to established guidelines.
- Collaborate with the M&E unit in assessing program impact.
- Coordinate with other Managers to provide information on Sub-Office activities for all reports that require it—internal and external.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of data on Sub-Office activities to the WfWI headquarters office in Washington DC as required.
- In coordination with the Country Director, identify opportunities to improve and expand program activities in Jalalabad according to the strategy and approach of WfWI.
- Ensure that all expenses of the Sub-Office are reviewed and approved according to budget and established policy and procedures.
- Oversee all financial transactions on a daily basis and submit required reports and documentation to Finance department in Kabul as needed.
- Oversee disbursement of sponsorship funds and other cash transactions.
- Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff in the Sub-Office.
- Participate in new budget development and annual operational budget planning for the Sub-Office.
- Ensure an accurate and up to date filing system for the Jalalabad Sub-Office.
- Ensure that office supplies and equipment are available and replenished as needed.
- Manage time and attendance of all staff in the Sub-Office, ensuring that timesheets are accurately completed, reviewed, approved, and submitted to the HR department in Kabul.
- Working in close coordination with HR department in Kabul, ensure that Sub-Office staff leave is recorded and tracked according to established policy and procedure.
- Empower and supervise staff daily to high performance implementation the strategic direction of the organization, including mission, vision and goals.
- Supervise direct reports in accordance with the Women for Women International (WfWI) performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, annual performance development plans, annual performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meeting regarding progress throughout the year.
- Ensure the effective personnel management of all members of the Sub-Office, providing support as needed.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and oversee work planning/ scheduling.
Representation & Coordination:
- Represent WfWI in Jalalabad as instructed by the Country Director.
- Liaise with other development partners in this geographic area and ensure close coordination and collaboration.
- Attend district and community meetings as required by supervisor.
- Conduct regular visits to training sites to ensure compliance with program guidelines and principles.
- Meet with program participants on a regular basis to address any concerns or problems, in close coordination with Social Empowerments & Sponsorship Manager.
- Serve as security focal point for this area and put in place measures to ensure the safety and security of all Sub-Office staff and assets, in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator in Kabul.
- Maintain close contact with field staff and partners to monitor the security situation and provide security updates to Country Director.
- Ensure that all staff (especially new hires) and visitors to the Sub Office are briefed on security protocol and procedures.
- Ensure all new hires both regular and contractors are completed pre-security check and share the detail with HR/A Coordinator.
Other Duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree or other post graduate qualification in the related field, substantial relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of Master’s degree, but a bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field, preferably within the INGO sector,
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender issues and proven commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all key areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, supervise and motivate a large team of people through a participatory and enabling management style.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and work with a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel around the country and internationally as required.
- High level of fluency in English and Dari required (speaking, reading, writing).
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and email applications.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, with clear vacancy number/title in the subject line, via email to Afghanistanjobs@womenforwomen.org
The deadline for submission is May 17th , 2022 Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In order to apply for any vacancy at Women for Women International, the title, vacancy number and location should have mentioned clearly in the subject line of your email else the application will be ignored automatically by the system.