- Salary Offer according to SCA salary
- Years of Experience 3-4 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration project based
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/KMO 154 -22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Finance, Accounting or 10-Papers ACCA.
- close Date December 5, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 7,386.During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for duly checking and control of the receipts in order to make sure the expenditures of the related projects are according to the budget, SCA rules & regulations and donors’ and auditors’ requirements. In addition, the Senior Accountant should make sure that receipts are factual, supported by acceptable evidence and free from any misstatement.
- To maintain appropriate control over the bookkeeping system, its input and output.
- To cross check all the documents of bookkeeping against all the SCA rule and regulations.
- To communicate with KMO concerning inter-SCA receivable and liabilities between KMO and his relevant accounting company.
- To Manage and reconcile bank statements with bank books.
- To be responsible that an adequate and appropriate filing system for documents of original entry is properly maintained.
- Preparing the payment, receipt, and journal vouchers and posting them into iSCALA.
- Print out and reconcile the monthly accounts with the accounting company ledger and cash book.
- Prepare the balance sheet and comprehensive account specification and to be followed up regularly.
- Reconcile the accounts of inventory of stock in close co-operation with Fixed Assets section.
- Distribution of monthly budget follow-up reports to budget holders and all concerned units.
- Maintaining the accounting system and filing original vouchers, data backup, and the supporting documents related to the accounts.
- Preparing all monthly accounting and financial reports required by the SCA management, external agencies, auditors, management of the Project/Field offices and the concerned technical/operational and support units in the field.
- Indirectly control on the expenditures, financial regulation and SCA general regulations e.g. Admin, Procurement manuals and SHB (Screening the receipts).
- Follow up of the concerned Project/Field Office receivables, liabilities, and contribution.
- To prepare all required details/specifications such as tax details, Insurance details & etc on monthly basis.
- To clear /reconcile all internal receivables/liabilities (Inter- Company) on monthly basis.
- To assist FD/DFD and HoCAU in preparation of the annual account or any other financial report.
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units,
- Perform job-related tasks as delegated by the HoCAU.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Finance, Accounting or 10-Papers ACCA.
- 3-4 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization.
- Computer skills at the operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV through APPLY below link.
- Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline are not accepted.
- SCA is committed to ethical standards and a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
- Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.