- Salary Offer As per VWO salary Scale
- Experience Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Social section i
- Number of Vacancies 6
- Contract Duration 6.5 months-extendable
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 237
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree (Preferably, Social, Psychology, Law or relevant field.
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan-based non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-partisan organization that specifically strives for the revival of women’s role in Afghan societies through advocacy for women’s rights, their legal and social protection, and their capacity building.
VWO informally established in Kabul in 1998 to run covert schools for girls under the repressive regime of the Taliban, VWO was registered with the Government of Afghanistan as the first women’s organization in the post-Taliban setup. The organization has since carried out scores of projects for the socio-economic advancement of Afghan women and girls. Voice of women organization established a headquarter office in 2004 in Herat province. In the beginning, it focused on women-related matters, and later on, in 2005, VWO established the first women protection center in Herat province.
Currently, the organization is operating in 7 provinces (Herat, Ghor, Farah, Nimroz, Badghis, Daikondy, and Faryab) of Afghanistan having 6 projects with more than 240 employees working toward achieving its mission.
Description: The social worker work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and he/she will be appointed to conduct mobile legal clinics and public outreach campaigns in targeted areas both Herat city and Zenda-Jan district of Herat Province. They will be also responsible to register the clients in to the log book.
- Maintain registration, filing and records for each referred beneficiary; gather information for documentation purposes about each beneficiary.
- Conduct interview, problem identification, finding realities with keeping confidential of the cases related information within a trusted environment.
- Conduct outreach campaigns to improve understanding of violence against girls and children’s issues to the targeted communities. Topics must be included triggers of violence in the home, the impact of violence on children, the family and community.
- Changing the perception of people towards girls and child’s right via community outreach campaigns.
- To refer to the entities to find and tracking the cases.
- Preparing monthly and weekly reports to submit to Project supervisor.
- Follow up the individual cases to be solved through counseling, taking attorney till reintegration of the beneficiaries.
- Follow up the cases after reintegration of the beneficiaries.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and meetings and maintain communication with the project supervisor and manager and all parties related to the beneficiary.
- Establish and maintain a good referral system according to the beneficiaries needs.
- Perform any other related tasks as directed by project manager.
- Bachelor degree (Preferably, Social, Psychology, Law or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Social section in National or International Organization.
- Having oral and written communication skills in Pashto and Dari languages.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Interested candidates who can meet the criteria must send their updated CV to the following email address mentioned in this announcement. Please refuse sending of big size file such of certificates and other extra documents. Keep in mind to write the Vacancy number (VWO-237) in the subject line of your email.