- Salary Offer Based on Organization salary scale
- Address Paktika, sharana
- Years of Experience Minimum 2 years experience working in relevant field.
- Number of Vacancies: 4
- Contract Duration 5 month
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HI-2022-50
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelors in social work, education, community development or a similar field
- close Date August 10, 2022
About Handicap International:
HI has been supporting the Afghan people since 1987, starting its operations in Pakistan. Since 1996, HI has been operating across Afghanistan in order to launch victim assistance interventions, working at different levels of the society and adopting a cross-sectoral approach. While present on the ground to directly support victims of the conflict through the provision of a range of services – from physical rehabilitation, to mine risk education and inclusive livelihoods – HI has been continuously advocating to increase the rights of victims and other people with disabilities in the country. In particular, and in line with its global strategy and priorities, HI has been advocating to reduce the use of landmines and conventional weapons. Acknowledging the need to respond to the urgent emergency crises combined with longer term, chronic gaps in the provision of services, HI has steadily expanded its range of activities and services in order to support the most vulnerable people, enhancing their resilience while strengthening participation and inclusion of all individuals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION:
- Mapping of relevant stakeholders and potential partners
- In coordination with the Project Manager and Project Officer, visit the stakeholders and potential partners linked to the HI global intervention (Mental Health, Rehabilitation, Health, Social and Protection Services).
- Fill and compile the actor sheets
- Disseminate the actor sheets among the team members in order to promote and facilitate the referral of beneficiaries according to their needs
- Ensure the whole team has the same level of information regarding the mapping of actors
- Update regularly the actor sheets
- Referral follow up
- In coordination with the Project Manager and Project Officer and in close collaboration with the all the workers (PSSs, PT) ensure a qualitative follow up of the cases referred.
- Recognize emergency situation or situations that need immediate medical care or protection measure and react in consequence making efforts to ensure that beneficiary get the appropriate services.
- Ensure the Identification of potential PSS and Rehabilitation beneficiaries in the communities
- Through regular contact with the community stakeholders, humanitarian actors and HI partners and through the implementation of PSS awareness and information sessions and recreational activities, pre-identify individuals and families that might be in need of the services provided in the framework of the project
- Refer these cases internally to the PSS Workers and/or the Physiotherapist.
- Organize and co-facilitate Disability and PSS Awareness Sessions and Recreational activities
- In coordination with the rest of the team, under the coordination of the technical guidance of the Project Officer, organize and co-conduct awareness sessions and on Disability and PSS issues.
- Ensure that those sessions are documented and submitted to the team leader
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Office and in coordination with the rest of the project team, design and implement recreational activities at community level.
- Participate in the implementation of the comprehensive support approach of the project.
- Support the PSSs and the PT in the implementation of common activities, especially group sessions for PWD/Is and persons affected by psychological distress including children, and their caregivers
- Work in a constructive way with the PTs, PSS Workers,
- Report, develop the tools and planning
- Maintain complete documentation for each activity following the recommendations and template under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Respect all guidelines and documentation within the project
- Document any protection concerns and report them to your line manager
- Ensure a daily quantitative and qualitative reporting through the tools and system in place
- Any other reports to be made upon line manager request
- Participate to the improvement of the activities protocol, tools and guidelines to ensure a qualitative comprehensive intervention
- Actively participate to each the project meetings, technical follow-up, internal and external trainings related to your position according to your line manager instructions
- Contribute to the organization of the weekly plan within the pluridisciplinary team, with the support of the team leader
- Materials Management
- Identify material, equipment, recreational kit needed, timely formulate requests, and ensure appropriate use/distribution
- Demonstrate willingness to improve professional competences and abilities to increase care quality:
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Demonstrate willingness to improve his/her own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions, capacity building activities…
- Participate in the different activities that are common to all team members (identification of needs of beneficiaries, internal and/or external referrals)
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specificity
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor (reporting, etc.)
- Respect hygiene and security rules
- Respect and apply basic hygiene rules;
- He/she maintains equipment clean and secured.
- He/she observes at all times strict commitment to Handicap International Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level
- He/she supports information internal dissemination to relevant focal persons at mission level aiming at reinforcing security and safety of Handicap International staff and assets
- Demonstrate an ethics and professional practice:
- Show professional ethics, respect and promote Handicap International mandate
- Among others, he/she respects beneficiary’s privacy and confidentiality (he/she only share medical information with medical staff/persons directly involved in beneficiary’s care)
- Respect the Handicap International protection of children policy and protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Always respect a refusal of service.
- Work with the best of knowledge and abilities to offer a good quality service
- Show abilities and competences to execute an efficient rehabilitation intervention.
- Working Hours
From Sunday to Thursday
From 8:00am to 12:45 and from 01:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Basic salary starting from 40000 AFS/month, based on experience.
- Hardship allowance for staff not from Barmal or Gayan equivalent to 10% of the basic salary
- Free accommodation provided in temporary solution in a humanitarian hub (for female staff for the mahram as well)
- Studies in social work, education, community development or a similar field
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in community development
- Strong comprehension of the psychosocial issues of conflict-affected communities, PwIs and PwDs
- Experience in community mobilization, awareness raising and/or recreation
- Experience in mapping of actors
- Experience in hospital settings is an asset
- Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel) and internet
- Fluency in Pashto
- Excellent written & spoken in Dari and Pashto
- Fluent in written and spoken English is an asset
- Abilitity to work within a pluridisciplinary team and collaborate
- Ability to work with diverse beneficiaries
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and active listening skills
- Able to work both independently and in a multicultural team environment
- Willing to learn and develop professionally
- Open and interested in disability issues
- Capable of goodwill and humanity behaviors
- Good organization skills
- Abilities to properly communicate with patients, families/caretakers, medical staff, actors, community elders, etc.
- Ability to represents Handicap International, its values, its mandate
- Adheres to the project’s vision: a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied
Note: Applications without mentioning the Position Title & Vacancy Number in the subject line of the email will NOT be considered.
Disabled & Females are particularly encouraged to apply
– HI has got strong stand on protection of beneficiaries.
“The Position Name: Social Worker will have to create and maintain an environment which prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and promotes the implementation of the code of conduct”