- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Years of Experience • Minimum 2 years of training experience for university graduates Work experience with Person with Disability or disability organizations would be an advantage
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed-term
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 47-22
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Bachelor’s degree holder in Social Science, Education is preferred
- close Date May 19, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Social Trainer is responsible for the arranging and conducting all sorts of disability related awareness raising and disability rights trainings to SCA staff, government staff, teachers, health staff, CDCs members, DPO member and community in general. He/she will be responsible to conduct different trainings on the rights of persons with disability with coordination with field supervisors and Community based rehabilitation Worker (CBRW).
- Train and advice CBR-workers for the effective implementation of the project activities
- Collect, design, produce and update appropriate training materials to be used in trainings for different target groups
- Develop training action plan on monthly or quarterly basis
- Inform Project Office’s Service Unit about practical arrangement of trainings, workshops and seminars
- Select appropriate and useful method of training at different level
- Compile and keep copy of all training materials, plans, training schedules
- Provide project coordinator with accurate and up-to-date information regarding the training and awareness raising session on monthly and quarterly basis
- Establish and strengthen networks with other training resources and organisations working in in the field of Disability
- Follow up all trained people on their duty station to determine effectiveness of training conducted.
- Make special attempts to link person with disability with SHG, DPO and CDCs
- To do need assessment in terms of various trainings for the project target groups
- Collect and disseminate good practice regarding inclusion of person with disability in the community and society
- Facilitate inclusion of persons with mental and intellectual disability in SHG and DPO
- Transfer knowledge, skills and experience of Community based rehabilitation to community members, family trainer, and Community Volunteers through training and meeting.
- Develop and implement monthly training and awareness raising plans
- Provide activity progress reports to the project coordinator on monthly and quarterly basis
Coordination & External Relations
- Maintain good cooperative relation with the district and provincial authorities, DPOs, SHGs, CDs and other stakeholders
- To participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the projects and SCA in general
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units, authorities, institutions and other NGOs
- Do related job as delegated by the project coordinator or Project Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Social Science, Education is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of training experience for university graduates Work experience with Person with Disability or disability organizations would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of Dari and Pashtu, written and spoken is required, English is an advantage.
- Good understanding of community-based rehabilitation (CBR) program for person with disabilities is required.
- Ability to train the project staff and other stakeholder
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to deal with different rural communities with varied political/socio-economic and educational background
- Ability to take initiatives, and pursue work proactively without being intensively supervised
- Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback
- Computer knowledge at operational level, SCA uses Ms Office standard software
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
- To be an Afghan national
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Subject line must be: (Social Trainer) HRM / MRMO 47-22) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.