- Salary Offer As per organization salary policy
- Address Provincial Office, with travel to the districts
- Years of Experience One Year with possibility of extension/ 3 months probation period
- Number of Vacancies: 12
- Contract Duration One Year with possibility of extension/ 3 months probation period
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference JACK-SBC-2023-012
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Around two years (essential)
- close Date March 23, 2023
About Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge:
Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK) is an independent, non-governmental, non-Profit, non-Political and non-Sectarian Organization working in Afghanistan since 2001 in the areas of health, nutrition, education, development and emergency with an aim at improving livelihoods and alleviating poverty. And JACK had the experiences of working in various provinces and zones of Afghanistan.
JACK registered under the Ministry of Economy with registration number, 316. The organization works in Collaboration with other line Ministries, NGOs, INGOs, and donor communities.
The mandate of JACK is to improve lives of the people we touch through our programs. We strive to have a community that is empowered, participates in its development and is able to use the resources available to them to get what they want. We work to assist communities in their efforts that lead them to self- help and in essence self- reliance that comes with economic and social independence.
Our service is without fear, favor or prejudice to race, nationality, religion, political affiliations region or language. We offer assistance where it is needed within our resource and ability.
The Public Nutrition Directorate (PND) has therefore revised the national MIYCN and Nutrition Counsellor (NC) training packages to strengthen the missing areas of maternal nutrition, WASH and food security. The revised MIYCN package focuses on tailored training methods that respond to the needs of doctors, nurses and midwives. With an increased emphasis on adult learning methods, training health staff on revised packages will enable participants to attain essential hands-on experience and develop the skills needed to provide improved nutrition services at their respective health facilities. The aim is to train all relevant BPHS staff (doctors, nurses and midwives) across the country using the revised MIYCN training package. JACK will be implementing the MIYCN capacity development program in Kunduz province
The Social Mobilizer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager. S/he will locate in the district and will work with the targeted communities within the project area. More over She/he is responsible to generate Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, Annual, and project reports on capacity building activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Social Mobilizer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager. S/he will locate in district and will work with the targeted communities within the project area.
- Conduct orientation or training sessions for actors on key SBC and AAP packages.
- Conducting and facilitating follow up meetings with community influential people and networks within the communities.
- Conduct and facilitate community engagement sessions with households and communities on life-saving behaviors as well as healthy and protective behaviors related to health, nutrition, WASH, education, and child protection.
- Tracking and collecting and sharing the rumors from the community.
- Provide information about the availability and utilization of services to communities.
- Inform communities about the available mechanisms and channels to provide feedback on available services.
- Engage community structures/ key influencers and communities in collecting/responding to community feedback.
- Raising awareness and mobilizing and engaging community structures and communities in communication activities during diseases outbreak, and health emergencies national/international Campaigns.
- Monitor and supervise the SBC interventions and ensure the implementation of the activities base on the plan SBC and
- Collect daily basis community feedback, and provide response for feedbacks received.
- Record details of the feedback in collection form
- Provide essential information on available services to community
- Refer feedback to relevant sectors
- Ensure local coordination and collaboration with key actor(s) such as the de-facto authority, CSOs and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Around two years (essential).
- Resident of Takhar province is preferred;
- Phenomenal communication presentation and public speaking skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken local language
- Minimum of Around two years of demonstrable relevant Social Science experience (essential).
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete CV along with a cover letter and reference information)
Please click on below link and follow the instructions to apply for the vacant position