- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale policy
- Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 6
- Contract Duration Open Ended
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference Mail-ta-269
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date April 19, 2021
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is launching the Emergency Agriculture & Food Supply Project (EATS) in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Project objective is to support critical food supply chains and create short-term economic opportunities. The Project includes three components: (A) Productive agricultural water systems; (B) Critical food supply chain management; and (C) Project management. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and financed by grants from the International Development Association (World Bank) and the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF).
The Project design is based on the experience and knowledge acquired from several on-going or recently closed projects, including: On-Farm Water Management Project (OFWMP), National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP), Afghanistan Agricultural Improvement Project (AAIP), all three projects implemented by MAIL and Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development Project (IRDP) implemented by MEW. The Project will use a community driven development approach through the Community Development Councils (CDC) building on the experience of the Citizens Charter Afghanistan Project implemented by MRRD, among others.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) staffed with National Technical Assistance (NTA) is financed by the Project to support the national, provincial and district offices of MAIL for its implementation. The PMU is led by a Project Director based in Kabul.
MAIL is looking for qualified national staff to fill the position of Regional Social Mobilization Officer the incumbent will support and ensure the consideration of Social Mobilization and Instutional aspects in the implementation of EATS project moreover the position will also ensure the Social Mobilization and Institutional considerations as a cross-cutting requirement in entire project’s components including finanince. Spcially while project implemantaiton is through CDCs
He/She will work under the direct supervision of Regional Manager, and ovrall supervision of core team social institutional unit head. His/Her performance will be evaluated by the Regional Manager with close coordination of core team social institutional unit head.
Duties & Responsibilities:
He/She will be responsible to:
· Work with the provincial social mobilizer to ensure timlely introduction of the project’s activities to the targeted communities
· Work with the project team to ensure a participatory approach is followed for sub-project selection
· Make sure that all social issues related to the EATS Project in the targeted communities are well identified and addressed through participatory approach.
· Assure that project activities are well-coorrdinated at the community level with other similar projects. Such as; the Citizen’s Charter an so on.
· Support the provincial social mobilizer in relevant documents preparation.
· Prepare shareholders’ list (farmers & CDCs) and collect Socio- economic data.
· Work closely with the provincial social mobilizers to prepare a Tripitite contract with close coordination of CDC/IA between CDC, PDAILs and Project to clearly identify all parties’ responsibilities prior and post the sub-project implementation.
· Arrange and conduct Operation and Maintenance and other relevant trainings of Irrigation scheme and Watershed for CDC and IAs.
· Keep records of all those forms and documents which are necessary for contracting with CDCs during project implementation.
· Motivate CDC members to actively participate in providing 10% in-kind contribution to the project.
· Keep CDC members involved, organized and motivated thourgh his/her managerial skills.
Have frequent visit to different provinces in the region for conflict resolution and supporting on time implementation of project activities.
Perform any other task assigned by the relevant Core Team unit Head and Regional Manager.
- The candidate must have bachelor degree in Agriculture /Social Science with 5 years relevant experience.
- Be fluent in local languages (Pashto, Dari etc), and having good command on English language to generate reports.
- He/She has the ability to conduct different community related trainings.
- Must have public speaking skill.
- Should have willingness to contribute to national development via community empowerment.
- Should be polite enough with local farming community, and must have strong morals viz. honesty, transparency, generosity, and respect all cultures throughout the country
- Ability to understand and analyze social indicators
To have initiative skill and be a self starter and a strong team player.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Nangarhar, Baghlan, Balkh, Kandahar, Herat
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through Email address
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position (Social Mobilization officer) plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
Note: please do not forget to mention the province name in subject line of your email