- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 4 - 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Not specified
- Contract Type Not Specified
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AD#AF 319/23
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master's Degree
- close Date March 25, 2023
About BRAC Afghanistan
BRAC Afghanistan is seeking applications from highly qualified and experienced Afghan Nationals for an anticipated project (Phase 2 of ABADEI) for the following positions based in 14 provinces (Kabul, Bamyan, Daikondi, Ghor, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Balkh, Faryab, Jawzjan, Sar-e-Pol, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Kunduz and Takhar).
- The position will lead and ensure the social environmental safeguard (SES) and safety & security and compliances with occupational health & safety (OHS) in the implementation process of the community based infrastructures and the rehabilitation of community based production/economic facilities through the Cash for Work (CfW) interventions. S/he will also ensure standard risk management process and practice (risk identification, assessment, measurement and mitigation and reporting) and guide/orient the field teams to ensure the internal compliance issues related to the operations. The position will also maintain close contact with UNDP regional and central teams on the compliant standard and/or SOP related to environment and health along with preventing the all forms of child labors. Also ensure the quality standards and suitability of materials used and engineering practices applied during project implementation with adequate field visits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop operational guidelines/SOP on the social environmental safeguard (SES) and safety & security and compliances with occupational health & safety (OHS) in the implementation process of the community based infrastructures and the rehabilitation of community based production/economic facilities through the Cash for Work (CfW) interventions
- Closely work with the rural –appraisal and rapid needs assessment process identifying the sites and location of Cash- for- Work (CfW) and community based production/economic facilities. Ensue these are selected based on criteria and UNDP guidance documents in consultation with UNDP
- Ensure that the sites/schemes are selected considering the communities’ needs and align with UNDP’s ABADEI programme priority areas, Priority Areas for Returnees and reintegration (PARR), multi-dimensional poverty index (MPI) population, unserved areas and the Food security’s Intergrated Phase Classification (IPC)
- Guide the field teams and build capacity of frontline staff to ensure the safety and environmental risks protocol in implementation of the CfW and constructions works.
- Conduct risk assessment and develop the Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and other necessary documentation with signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the relevant authorities and stakeholders.
- Ensure the CfW implementation is done in line with UNDP’s CfW Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidance and templates prior to project implementation.
- Ensure the safety and security and compliances with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards providing necessary guidance and monitoring mechanisms on site and ensure the provision of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure the mitigation and prevention of all forms of child labour on sites. The Social Environmental Safeguard (SES) are applied during implementation following the standards and suitability of materials used.
- Collect the community completion certification to the construction company and ensure the SES standards and accountability mechanisms are followed for CfW schemes/sites
- Document success stories and other reports on the process followed to ensure the social environmental safeguard (SES) and safety & security and compliances with occupational health & safety (OHS) in the implementation process
- Prepare quarterly report following the approved BI Risk Management Policy and Framework, aligning with the BI risk management approach for the country office and BI
- Coordinate all risk related processes from field level to country level. Conduct training and awareness session to country and field staff to ensure policy awareness.
- Ensure effective implementation of designed internal controls in place, including testing designed mitigating controls as directed by the CMT
- Updating the risk register for tracking and monitoring risk exposures may affect BRAC Afghanistan’s day-to-day operation and strategy
- Continuous communication with the BI Risk team for any policy/manual/SOP update related to risk or partly covered by risk.
- Preparation of risk review feedback for provinces and departments for monitoring, implementation, and follow-ups with respective risk owners and train the appropriate stakeholders on risk identification to reporting.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum 5 Years experiences in Risk Management and/or the social environmental safeguard (SES) and safety & security and compliances with occupational health & safety (OHS) process in CfW and infrastructures interventions· Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
- Advance computer and technological skills
- Good analytical skills in identifying the risk (safety and environmental)
- Team building and conflict management
- Integrity and honesty
- Ability to manage & RM at all levels
- Communication and networking skill
- Record keeping and documentation skill
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below link: https://jobs.af/jobs/social-environment-standard-occupational-health-and-safety-officer
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
BRAC Afghanistan retains the right to not recruit for any of the positions advertised for here.
BRAC Afghanistan is seeking application for mention position anticipated project.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to HR Team technical team through WhatsApp/Call 0747957377