- Salary Offer 300 Euros
- Experience 2 years
- Number of Vacancies `11
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 003/2021/SEDEP
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 28, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree + SIYB Trainer Certification
The Afghan National Association For Adult Education (ANAFAE), founded in September 2005, with the support of DVV International works to foster the development of local Adult and Community Learning Centres, promotes education strategies and programs for disadvantages groups, young adults, with a particular focus on literacy, basic education, education for employability and lifelong learning.
Women in Afghanistan experienced tremendous burden throughout the last decades of conflicts. Their education is traditionally neglected. In many rural areas only about eight percent of the women are literate.
In the literacy programmes of ANAFAE and its partner DVV International, female participants learn reading, writing and numeracy, reflect on their role in the family and community, deal with health and hygiene topics and develop ideas for their own economic activities. These literacy programs have a direct and positive effect on personal development, on family health and on school attendance of children, they empower women who suffered most or support the reintegration of returnees and IDPs.
First Lady Bibi Gul awarded the national UNESCO Literacy Prize to ANAFAE in 2016 for its innovative engagement.
The SIYB Trainer will overall be responsible for teaching and training the students/trainees as per the teaching/training plans, teaching/training materials/books and ANAFAE’s teaching/training standards and International Labor Organization (ILO) SIYB standards. He/She will do the marketing for SIYB trainings in coordination with the Training Services Provider (ANAFAE), do the selection of participants, conduct the training needs analysis, design the training, have the training workshop delivery, manage the follow-up support activities (counselling and coaching), and will do the monitoring and evaluation of SIYB trainings in compliance with SIYB standards. He/She will teach/train the beneficiaries to generate their best business ideas from a wide variety of business ideas, develop their detailed and comprehensive business plans, and improve their businesses. He/she will follow all ANAFAE’s relevant policies and procedures while serving for ANAFAE as Teacher/Trainer.
The SIYB Trainer will specifically be responsible to:
- Update his/her knowledge, teaching/training skills and competencies and participate in the regular trainings facilitated by the Head of Department;
- Use and apply the standard teaching/training and teaching/training materials and books developed and authorized by ANAFAE, the teaching/training framework, the teaching/training outline and the hourly based lessons plans;
- Should not apply other teaching/training material and books without the permission of the Master Trainers and the Education Center Manager;
- Evaluate his/her teaching/training lessons and classes, identify the deficiencies, and improve them in coordination with the Master Trainers and the Head of Department;
- Teach/Train 4 hours a day, and 2 hours support work per day in your center based on the instruction of the Head of Department and Education Center Manager;
- Recognize student/trainee’s learning problems and support them during the lessons;
- Take attendance of students/trainees every day and in case of three days absent of a student, inform the Education Center Manager;
- Update his/her knowledge skills and competencies and participate in the regular trainings facilitated by Master Trainer in his/her field of work;
- Manage the timing of his/her classes according to students’ demand in coordination with the Head of Department and Education Center Manager;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the students in his/her class each 15 days and respond to students’ complaints and provide solution for their problems within 3 days or report to Education Center Manager for better solutions;
- Attend the classroom at least five minutes before the lessons starts with full preparations and make sure to deliver all the class equipment in a proper way to the next teacher at the end of the class;
- Follow the policies and procedures of ANAFAE and the rules and regulations of Education Center and closely coordinate with the Head of Department and Education Center Manager;
- Keep all teaching/training materials in a specific cupboard for teacher/trainer in teachers’/trainers’ rooms;
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by his/her line manager;
- Take part in the teachers’/trainers test and receive your scores and level accordingly;
- Teach/Train the classes by considering the trainee-centered principle; use active teaching methodologies, in order to support the learning competences of the students/trainees;
- Train and facilitate the trainees to generate their business ideas, develop a comprehensive and detailed business plan and improve their business by following the SIYB training cycle and standards;
- Focus more on SIYB standards and hands-in experiences in the trainings;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by his/her line manager.
- Minimum being bachelor plus being SIYB certified trainer
- At least 2 years of work experiences in employability training
- Recent experience of delivering training to trainees with a wide range of needs and barriers
- Excellent knowledge of training and qualification frameworks
- Good knowledge of trainees’ base and needs
- High self-motivation in training
- Good interpersonal skills and team working abilities
- Good analytical competences
- Honesty, trust and integrity are key values
- Produce proper, neat and well-presented work
- Providing materials for training and successfully conducting the employability skills trainings
- Practicing motivational techniques and skills for mobilizing the trainees/participants for starting businesses
- Good communication
- Motivation and initiative
- Following instructions
- Team work
- Emotional control
Interested and qualified Afghan applicants may send their resumes to the following e-mail address:
Please submit complete applications and;
Updated CV, including two references contacts (phone number & email address) information.
Write clearly in the subject of your e-mail the Job Title and Vacancy Number. Or, copy and past SIYB Trainer VA 003/2021/SEDEP
Submission without proper subject will be discarded from the process.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date; (July 28, 2021) will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.