- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary scale
- Experience 3 years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Fixed Term
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference TLO-V2021-021
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date April 22, 2021
- Education Minimum of bachelor degree in civil engineering or relevant field
The Liaison Office (TLO) founded in 2003 as an Afghan non-governmental organization (NGO) that emerged from a Swisspeace pilot project (supported by the Heinrich Böll Stiftung) on good governance in connection to peace and reconstruction or reconciliation process. TLO has since evolved into as an independent Afghan NGO registered under number 611 with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan. TLO was founded with the aim of improving local governance, stability, and security through systematic and institutionalized engagement with customary structures, local communities, civil society groups, and government institutions. TLO is based in Kabul, with regional offices in Paktia, Khost, Kandahar, Herat, Mazar, and Nangarhar and additional field offices across Afghanistan. TLO works to achieve its objectives through key program activities: research and analysis, dialogue facilitation for peacebuilding, access to justice and governance, humanitarian assistance, third party monitoring and evaluation, and environment & natural resources management. The guidelines for these activities are strictly based on the “do-no-harm” approach and Conflict Sensitive Programm Management (CSPM), which are participatory and community-led.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Water and Infrastructure Engineer and Paktia Senior Engineer, the Project Site Engineer will be responsible for effective and efficient implementation of the Paktia FLRC Project in Gardiz Centre of Paktia province. The Project Site Engineer will work on project planned activities as per technical design, specification, within time period and estimated budget. Additional He/she will provide technical support and on the job training to skill and unskilled labors.
- Lead on implementation of the infrastructure project as per design and specifications within the project time period.
- Assist senior engineers in preparation of project progress report, Weekly plan, project documentation and filing system.
- Supervise the skill and unskilled labors on project site during the project implementation.
- Control project expenditure, construction materials and work quality as per project design and Specification.
- Control daily expenditure of construction materials, inventory and stock of tools and equipment, and skilled and unskilled labor daily work.
- Keep record of daily skill labors, unskilled labors, Construction materials supply to site and quantity of use.
- Resolve any technical and social tensions and conflict with representatives of targeted community (if any raised)
- Coordinate project quality, safety and progress with the Field Engineer and targeted CDCs and line departments.
- Working closely with TLO Paktia Field Office Procurement, M&E, Admin/finance departments to ensure timely procurement of construction materials, tools and equipment and release payments of the contractors and suppliers.
- Perform any other task assigned by Senior Water & Infrastructure and Field Engineer.
- University education in Civil Engineering or other relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in construction projects designing & implementation in the areas of construction activities
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Ms Office, Outlook and other software used in engineering for Work.
- Experienced in the use of GPS, digital camera, Level and Total Station machines for technical survey and implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Very good English and excellent Pashto and Dari (spoken and written)
- Prior work experience in irrigation infrastructure project is a plus point.
While sending your CV & Cover letter in one file, please mention the vacancy number, and position name in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration by TLO.
Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Interested candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be call for the next stage of recruitment.
TLO is an equal opportunity to the employer all ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.