- Salary Offer According to ACTED's Salary Scale
- Address Khak e Jabar, Sorobi and Paghman Districts
- Years of Experience 3 to 5 years of experience in lead positions in development program management.
- Number of Vacancies: 8
- Contract Duration 12 months (extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KBL_177
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education University degree in civil engineering, or related field
- close Date November 28, 2022
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development. ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 14 north, north eastern and East & West provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
The main task of this position (Site Engineer) is the implementation and follow-up on a day-to-day basis of rehabilitation and construction activities over the period of the program. The Site Engineer will contribute to construction/and some social activities planned under the various results of the program, and may be called upon to support on ACTED’s general operations beyond the scope of the project of focus.
- Under the direct supervision of Chief Engineer and functional supervision of PM and Area coordinator the Site Engineer incumbent carries out the following duties:
- Mainly focus and manage projects technical issue belong to infrastructure projects survey, design, monitoring and evaluation of sub-projects and monitoring and evaluation of projects and technical training to CDCs members/project focal groups/ village stakeholders in terms of their projects.
- Implemented successfully the field level Infra program activities in his intervention area of Responsibility.
- To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer term operation and maintenance of all Infra and sanitation activities, including the provision of all necessary training
- Supervising construction and rehabilitation work, and ensuring works are carried out as per set standards. In particular, Conduct daily visits to the construction sites to:
- Inspect the technical quality of ongoing construction projects and use of built infrastructure;
- Monitor changes in the technical performance affecting personnel, the schedule, deliverables, and price or costs;
Monitor the contractor’s performance;
- Provide technical direction to the contractors and ensure that CDC/contractor personnel have required resources, skills and capacity. All contractor deficiencies and failures shall be brought to the attention of the Area Coordinator and relevant Program Managers.
- Provide professional technical assistance in preparing viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfilment of the need of the target group at district level.
- Undertake technical assessment, designs and estimates for infrastructure projects.
- Participate in project planning discussions and give valuable inputs at various stages including survey, structural analysis, estimations and implementation.
- Review, evaluate, and make professional recommendations concerning engineering feasibility of plans developed.
- Follow ACTED’s engineering monitoring and evaluation tools for regular supervision of infrastructure projects.
- Supervise projects in coordination with government or local technical personnel and in collaboration with the lead engineer.
- Ensure, with the assistance of Project Management, that environmental and sustainability issues are considered in the program design, and that all constructions and rehabilitations consider gender mainstreaming points and include participation of affected populations.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to engineering teams on implementation of different infrastructure projects.
- Send reports to area/capital office and relevant departments in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties requested by his/her supervisor.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Participate actively in workshops, seminars & conferences organized by ACTED management.
Influence & Representation:
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with local governments and other stakeholders relevant for infrastructure projects.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country security strategy and regular advisory.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
All employees of ACTED are required to sign and follow the Code of Conduct in all professional matters, which is annexed to all contracts. This includes upholding the highest professional standards and ethical behavior in the workplace, and when in contact with beneficiaries, or information about beneficiaries. ACTED prioritizes accountability to communities in all operations, and expect employees to do the same.
- University degree in civil engineering, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in lead positions in development program management.
- Demonstrated budget management skills; good report writing and critical thinking skills
- Excellent Dari, Pashto and English language skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer office applications and email, especially engineering software programs.
- Strong educational, livelihoods, business development, marketing and leadership skills.
- Ability to regularly travel to the project sites for doing field work.
- Should be familiar with the area’s culture, traditions and sensitivities.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Able to provide clear and brief monthly, quarterly and final project reports.
Those who fulfill the above mentioned criteria should send their updated CV to below submission Email:
Kindly mentioned Vacancy number, position title along with province name in subject line or your application may not be considered.
Please do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, and work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be received after closing date.
Note: The qualified Candidates who are from the above-mentioned districts are highly encouraged to apply and specify the exact vacancy numbers and the locations.