- Salary Offer According to organization salary scale
- Experience Minimum 2 years of experience working with NGOs in a similar/Shelter & WASH fields.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Till 31st December 2021 (Extendable)
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA-2021-181
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 26, 2021
- Education University degree in civil/construction engineering.
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Shelter Assistant- Social position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the Shelter project in south region. She will be responsible for collection and analysis the data, liaising with host community and IDPs, conducting the meeting with community.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for assessment, vulnerable beneficiary selection and implementation of shelter program
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by shelter office
- Ensure proper filing of documents of shelter program
- Close work with support function, for proper plan for delivery and distribution of In-kind item for shelter beneficiaries
- liaising with host and IDPs communities, colleagues and other professionals
- Participate in field mission and arrange the meeting with community elder
- Daily monitoring from shelter program activities in the field
- Collection and analysis shelter data and report to shelter officer.
- Maintain shelter beneficiaries’ documentation both on field and office levels and on its profiles.
- Contributing in cash planning with support team for labours and on time clearance.
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Responsible for quality maintenance of shelter in target area
- Produce reports on weekly, monthly and require base as well
- Conduct the meeting with community/or village elders, Malaks, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
- Coordinate the material loading, transportation and delivery with logistic and warehouse assistant
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Properly operate the NRC assets
- Experience from working as a shelter staff in a humanitarian/recovery context for at least 2 years.
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- University degree in civil/construction engineering.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top up Credit card with internet package on monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) depended for medical insurance.
- One time Eid Bonus per year
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on below:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Oracle site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.
Use Online Application Form