- Salary Offer As per as bank salary scale
- Years of Experience Must have at least 5-7 years experience in the related field.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Permanente
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference BMA//2023//19
- Gender Only Man
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education MA or BA in Islamic Studies
- close Date February 7, 2023
About Bank-e- Millie Afghan:
Bank-e- Millie Afghan (BMA) was the first financial institution established in Afghanistan in 1933. Similarly, it was the first financial institution established in a public private partnership set up with 72 percent share held by private sector. As a first bank in Afghanistan, BMA introduced formal banking services to the people and government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Since then, the banks competitive strength and ongoing market leadership philosophy lays in its strong capital base and proven trustworthiness.
In 1976, it was fully nationalized by the government of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, BMA is a leading banking in providing modern and secure banking services. Securing depositors’ funds is the top priority of the bank. At the same time, the bank is contributing considerably to the development of manufacturing, agriculture, services, and international trade in the country. BMA is operating based on strong corporate governance principles, financial risk management and strict compliance to keep its credibility and trust. BMA has 16 city branches in Kabul and 22 provincial branches and equity investments in United States of America and England. And it is celebrating its 90th years of fame.
The Bank’s Shariah Board is the highest authority in making the final decision on matters related to the Shariah in the Bank’s course of business operation. Therefore, the Bank’s Shariah Board is responsible for the views, decisions and advices provided to the Bank and is expected to deliberate every arising issue extensively and in-depth before arriving at any decision. In doing so, the Shariah Board has the right to call upon any relevant party in the Bank or convene a meeting with the identified relevant parties to facilitate the decision making.
The SB has an advisory role only.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Shariah Board is expected to perform an oversight role on Shariah matters related to the Bank’s Islamic operations and activities through the observations and reports from the Islamic banking department by identifying possible Shariah issues, if any, and propose the necessary corrective measures.
- The Shariah Board is expected to provide assistance to the Management or any related party thereof in overseeing the enforcement and implementation of the Shariah Board resolutions. The Shariah Board has the responsibility to disclose sufficient information on the Bank’s state of compliance in its annual financial report as per the requirements under applicable laws during the tenor of the Shariah Board’s appointment.
- To provide clarifications and opinions and where relevant, issue resolutions on matters pertaining to both generic and specific issues associated with Shariah principles that require a Shariah opinion;
- To approve all products, manuals, policies and procedures submitted by Islamic Banking Department.
- To perform an oversight role on any Shariah matters post-approval to ensure that all of the Shariah requirements as set out in its guidelines and resolutions are followed by the Islamic banking Window (IBW).
- To be the sole point of reference and highest authority in all Shariah matters relating to banking and finance; and
- To advise on such other functions as may be prescribed by DAB from time to time only in relation to Shariah matters.
- To issue opinions on how the Banks should address and rectify any Shariah non-compliant practices;
- In addition to the abovementioned duties and accountabilities, the members of the Shariah Board are expected to observe other relevant provisions herein contained.
- Other duties and accountabilities of the Shariah Board and the governing operation procedures for the Shariah Board shall further be spelt out in the terms of reference (hereinafter referred to as “TOR”) of the Shariah Board and the Bank.
Educational and certification:
The proposed member of the Shariah Committee shall at least either have qualification or possess necessary knowledge, expertise or experience in the following areas:
(a) MA or BA in Islamic Studies.
(b) Islamic jurisprudence (Usul al-Fiqh);
(c) Islamic transaction/commercial law (Fiqh ul-Mu’amalat).
(d) Knowledge of or at-least familiarity with the banking industry.
Strong knowledge of Shariah & law or Fiqh ul Mu’amalat or experience of at least 5-7 years giving religious rulings.
• Knowledge of or at-least familiar with the banking industry
• Adequate understanding of the detailed responsibilities of the committee membership as well as the bank’s business, operations and risks;
• Proficiency in local languages and English, both oral and written
• Excellent communication skills;
• Have adequate time to perform his/her duties as Audit Committee Member at the Bank’s Office;
• The Shariah committee/board members must have an faultless track record in the companies he/she has served either in the capacity of an employee or director/chief executive or as chairman.
• Has not given any wrong fatwa’s on Islamic Finance transactions.
• Has not been associated with any illegal activity especially relating to banking business.
• Has not been convicted any criminal offence, involved in any fraud/forgery, financial crime etc.
• Has not been disqualified.
You should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to E-mail given below.
PLEASE SPECIFY THE NAME AND VACANCY NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
1. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR FURTHER PROCESS.
Note: Applications will be not considered without mentoning entire email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) (email@example.com) in CC of thier email while appling for the position.
Vacancies@BMA.com.af / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com