- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Experience • Four to five years of relevant work experience within international development
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed-term till (31-Dec-2022 extendable)
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 05-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 23, 2022
- Education • Bachelor’s degree from university.
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
As an employee of the Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA), the Senior Safety and Access Officer represents SCA and must develop strong and fruitful relationships with many different actors in order to fulfil his tasks. The Senior Safety and Access shall at all times behave in a respectful, cordial and professional manner and always act in accordance with SCAs’ Code of Conduct. And he is responsible for reporting all security-related matters directly to Head of Office in Regional Management Office (RMO) and Head of Safety and Access unit in Kabul Management Office (KMO).
- Report daily security and incident updates
- Site security reviews/inspections
- Liaise and coordinate with SCA units and external actors including government security authorities, INGOs and International NGO Safety Organization (INSO)
- Maintain and update SCA Regional Incident database
- Alert staff on current events via SMS and emails
- Manage guard’s operation/trainings, meetings, and closely work with Chief of Guard to improve the current procedure
- Filling system, major security incidents in RMO city level, SCA security incidents report, security advisories etc.
- Update the security incidents charts
- Updating incidents mapping of RMO
- Road mission clearance for staff travelling in the area
- Security briefing to new staff and visitors to RMO national/international
- Conduct hibernation, relocation and evacuation drill
- Monitor news TV channels, official websites and local medias
- Regular check with SCA staff and SU about security situation and possible threat to SCA staff and programme activities
- Participate in programmatic planning and provide security related analysis (Risks and Threats)
- Be alert with 24 hours’ readiness, responsible for SCA’s immediate response to emergencies
- Responsible for some day-to-day security operational tasks.
- Training SCA staff (Induction) on a vast array of security topics i.e. Kidnapping, Carjacking, Road Safety, Land Mine Awareness, etc.
- Ensure that minimum operating security standards and procedures are implemented in the field offices and sites
- Incident report writing
- Weekly or monthly Security Situation Report
- Regular travelling to the field/programme sites.
- Develop a strong and diverse information network from which reliable and up to date information on security may be obtained
- Pro-actively identify the potential threats to SCA staff and activities and advice Head of Office, other SCA staff and Security Manager
- Update context-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) and Contingency Plans (CPs). With the approval of Head of Office and Security Manager, FSSO should disseminate and educate all SCA staff in RMO and ensure that they are effectively followed by all staff
- Daily supervision of security guards
- Coordinate and usher SCA staff and visitors to RMO field areas
- Any other Safety-related tasks assigned by Head of Mission and Head of Safety and Access unit.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from university.
- Four to five years of relevant work experience within international development, NGOs, UN agencies or similar organization
- Regional and cultural knowledge of areas of SCA field operations in Afghanistan
- Demonstrated high-level analytical skills
- Fluency in English and local languages
- Ability to read and interpret maps
- Willingness to work long hours when required
- Able to travel outside of duty station to SCA Field Offices as frequently as required.
- Being an Afghan citizen.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must be: (Senior Safety & Access Officer) HRM / MRMO 05-22) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.