- Salary Offer According to NTA Salary Scale (Grade-C)
- Experience According to NTA Salary Scale (Grade-C)
- Number of Vacancies 4
- Contract Duration 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference MOPW/SRTAP/1400-28
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in civil engineering /transportation engineering
About Ministry Of Public Works:
.The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the various transportation infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and its relevant drainage and retaining/protection structures in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from the development Budget for the Ministry of Public Work (MoPW)
Scope of Work/Job Summary:
MPW is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity/ Cost Maintenance Engineer with extensive experience in this capacity. The Senior Quantity/ Cost Maintenance Engineer will prepare an up-to-date unit rate analysis for civil works participate in designs and technical documentation produced by the operation and maintenance Team and specifically develop and review drawings, Estimations, BOQ, specifications and work methodologies. The incumbent will function as a member of the operation and maintenance team where He/She provides technical inputs and Supports technical and engineering personnel with project support duties. The potential candidate will remain active through all project phases and should work in close coordination with the senior management in MPW. He/ She must directly report to the Senior Engineers/ Consultants of the team.
The Senior Quantity/ Cost Estimation Maintenance Engineer will carry out the following
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for reviewing the plans and specifications on projects prepared by the technical team and creating the final detail takeoff or Bill of Quantities (BoQ) required for construction in line with the design and technical specifications requirements for completeness and accuracy.
• Confer with members of the design and engineering team or design consultant to conduct research to determine project requirements/scope of work.
• Conduct reviews of BoQs/Cost Estimates prepared by other members of the Provincial Public work department team or by contractors for accuracy.
• Obtain material and construction prices for cost estimation develop and maintain necessary systems to ensure delivery of required cost estimations quickly and accurately.
• Determine accurate cost estimations for complex Pay-items.
• Coordinate with material/Pavement engineers regarding the type of material during costing and unit rate analysis,
• The Senior Quantity/ Cost Estimation Maintenance Engineer will prepare an up-to-date unit rate analysis for civil works.
• Provide Cost Estimates on potential change orders and changes in scope;
• Support Contract Management Unit in negotiating change orders with contractors.
• Create and maintain an accurate Cost Estimating database of unit prices for road and bridge works.
• Update the estimation database based on feedback from contracts and other units within MPW.
• Perform cost comparisons and advise the most efficient combination of costs.
• Conducting site visits to collect and update Cost/Estimation relevant data.
• Regular site visits as directed by the deputy ministry of maintenance.
• Should have practical skill in the cost breakdown of project activity and obtain the appropriate price for the project.
• Should have practical skill in the rate analysis of project activities.
• Travel to the project site and measurement the completed activities and obtain the actual quantity.
• Review the method of measurement for each activity in the specification and modify the method of measurement.
• Review the relevant part of the specification of the project and bring the appropriate changes.
• Any other task assigned by the deputy ministry of road maintenance.
Skills & Competencies:
• Coordination and communication skills: proven experience in coordinating overall activities and timely reporting of project activities through different channel
• Should have practical skill in the preparation of project BoQ.
• Should have practical skill in the preparation and finalizing of variation order of the projects.
• Should have practical skill in the measurement cost estimation cost Breakdown and cut fill quantity of highway.
• Should have practical skill in the measurement cost estimation cost Breakdown of concrete bridge PSC bridges Culverts End Structure of Culvert Stonemasonry/RCC Retaining Wall etc.
• Should have practical skill in the highway project cost estimation.
• Should have practical skill in the usage of AutoCAD.
• Languages: Fluency in speaking Dari, Pashto and English languages as well as professional business writing skills
• Computer skills: Should have practical skill in the usage of AutoCAD.
• Checking designs, details, estimates, plans, and specifications of engineering projects
• Results-based program development, management and reporting
• Innovation and communication of evidence-based effective approaches
• Financial management and resource mobilization
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Civil Engineering or related field; and 8 year’s professional civil engineering experience.
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience in Quantity & Cost Estimation of large-scale infrastructure projects.
• Professional familiarity with the International and National Highway Norms & Standards required
• Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to email@example.com, kindly indicate the vacancy number (MoPW/SRTAP/1400-28) and the post title (Senior Quantity/ Cost Estimation Maintenance Engineer) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Public Work Kabul Afghanistan.
Office Add: SRTAP Office, Kabul Jalalabad Road, In front of KMTC, Ministry of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified