- Salary Offer According to NTA Salary Scale (Grade-C)
- Experience According to NTA Salary Scale (Grade-C)
- Number of Vacancies 3
- Contract Duration 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference MOPW/SRTAP/1400-27
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date May 15, 2021
- Education Bachelor degree in civil engineering /transportation engineering
About Ministry Of Public Works:
The Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) is responsible for the planning, design, procurement, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the various transportation infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and its relevant drainage and retaining/protection structures in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Therefore, to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from the development Budget for the Ministry of Public Work (MoPW)
Scope of Work/Job Summary:
MoPW is looking to recruit a professional Senior Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Road Maintenance Engineer with extensive experience in Quality Assurance Activities. Under the overall technical guidance of the Head MoPW, the Senior Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Road Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, inspecting, and proposing measures to correct or improve final products and processes in order to meet established quality standards. He will also be responsible for development of technical capacities of Junior Engineers and for providing an appropriate level of program implementation support, supervision, quality control and mentoring to MoPW Engineers in every aspect of the MoPW activities in the provinces covered by the Region.
The Senior Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Road Maintenance Engineer will carry out the following
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer would be responsible for assuring the quality of the projects all over Afghanistan
• Leading the Quality Assurance Staff and provide for relevant procedures, plans and manuals to ensure that the Quality Control Mechanisms currently employed by the Contractor are relevant
• Regular meetings with the relevant staff to allocate tasks and responsibilities ensuring a thorough overview of the quality procedures adhered in the project
• Conduct meetings with the contractor to communicate relevant changes to quality procedures and rectify open quality issues
• Review of contractors plans such as quality control plan, Health and safety plan, corrective and preventive action plans and rectifying them as per project needs
• Notifying the project manager of the deviations from scope of work, drawing discrepancies and deficient performance
• Review contractors’ invoices
• Inspect activities, tests, laboratory, material etc. to ensure that these are in accordance with relevant standards / methodologies
• Review drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
• Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the Client and Site staffs and provide written minutes
• Review the Contractor’s Daily QC Reports, test reports and any other Quality Control related activities’ reports
• Provide daily Field Observation and weekly Defect Rectifying Notifications to the Contractor
• Conduct preparatory, initial and follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
• Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
• Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of project works
• Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as built drawings and warranties
• Stop work if necessary, to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
• Implement a QA/QC Management System and ensure that it is being applied in a fair and equitable manner.
• Work in close collaboration and coordination with Provincial MPW’s and also liaises closely with other national stakeholders and NGOs working in the region.
• Coordinate the work of regional QA/QC Engineers and provide guidance for them
• Ensure quality in all stages of rehabilitation works from inception to completion (including documentation)
• Assist with contractor pre-qualification and performance evaluation during the course of contract execution, for subsequent ranking and updating of contractor’s registers.
• Prepare protocols and perform documents for supervision and quality assurance of contracts for issuing and recording instructions and variations to contractors and for recording and reporting progress.
• Initiate briefings for the contractors before commencement of the works to explain the contractual obligations of both parties (client and contractor); the expectations of the client with regard to quality the requirements for proper supervision and quality assurance and certification.
• Carry out regular supervision and necessary provide guidance/coaching of the contractor to improve contractor performance and quality of the works (make the contractor a partner).
• Train staff, QA/QC Engineers, Project Engineers and selected contractors on the construction management of rural road infrastructure.
• Ensuring contractors’ quality control plan is implemented on site
• Ensuring implementation of three phases of inspection
• Assist the supervisor(s) in controlling change
• Participate in missions related to project review and evaluation.
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of seminars and training courses.
• Perform and other duties deemed necessary by the Senior Management.
Skills & Competencies:
• Be a good mentor, capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity-building manner.
• Have good analytical, writing, and communication skills.
• Be competent in the use of computers and standard computer software.
• Be able and willing to travel extensively and work in remote areas in challenging circumstances.
• Be self-motivated, versatile, and adaptable to different cultures and people.
• The candidate will be thoroughly proficient in written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Auto-Cad and as well engineering programs/software
Bachelor Degree’s in Civil Engineering required with 8 years of work Experience related to supervising the implementation of road and bridge construction projects including leading supervision teams; or Experience in managing QA/QC in construction
Having Master’s Degree with 6 years working experience supervising the implementation of road and bridge construction projects including leading supervision teams or; Experience in managing QA/QC in construction
• Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to email@example.com, kindly indicate the vacancy number (MoPW/SRTAP/1400-27) and the post title (Senior Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Road Maintenance Engineer) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Pubic Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Office Add: SRTAP Office, Kabul Jalalabad Road, In front of KMTC, Ministry of Public Work, Kabul Afghanistan.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified