- Salary Offer 7 A
- Years of Experience Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing nutrition (IMAM)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed Term (possibility of extension based on availability of funding)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 713
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in Nutrition or Public Health. Master degree is an added advantage.
- close Date December 4, 2022
About Concern Worldwide- Afghanistan:
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Currently, Concern has been working in Afghanistan since 1998, when it responded to an earthquake disaster in Takhar province. Currently Concern has been working in Takhar, Kunduz and Badakhshan provinces undertaking both emergency response and long term developmental work in the areas of livelihood security, primary education and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. This year, Concern is expanding its programming to nutrition.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Effective Coordination and Project Management
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of the nutrition project activities, ensuring implementation plans are prepared, timely and effectively executed in line with the project objectives and deliverables.
- Provide technical support, ensure best practices are applied and high quality project implementation is upheld in accordance with the ministry of public health guidelines and standards
- Review and adapt the project activities on an ongoing basis based on lessons learnt and emerging community needs in consultation with other Program Managers and the Programme Director
- Provide technical solutions to nutrition related issues in the areas of operation including contributions to the sector wide development of tools, guidelines and standards where necessary
- Maintain a strong monitoring system through monthly collection and analysis of project data on key nutrition indicators to track project implementation and inform decision making process
- Orient project staff, district and provincial stakeholders on their roles and responsibilities, the key project deliverables and timeline
- Anticipate risks likely to impact project implementation especially during the winter period and develop mechanisms to ensure continuity of activity implementation
- Prepare/review procurement plan and ensure execution in line with Concern procurement procedures and guidelines. Liaise with logistics department to ensure timely execution of the SR’s delivered.
- Collaborate with other sector Program Managers to ensure integrated approach in design and implementation of interventions
- Support development of new project proposals, building on lessons learned and experiences from previous projects in collaboration with the Programme Grants and Reporting Manager
- Take up other task that may be assigned by the line manager and or Concern’s management to support organisation’s goals and needs.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In coordination with the M&E team, develop weekly/monthly monitoring engagement plans.
- Monitor and track implementation progress of the projects as per the approved performance indicators
- Ensure project progress, data and monitoring visit reports are shared with the M&E team and Programme Grants and Reporting Manager
- Support M&E team during field assessments as and when necessary
- Prepare project budget including monthly and quarterly budget forecast
- Monitor and track project expenditure against approved budget, ensure that burn-rate is within desired spend plan and proactively address over or underspending
- Monitor efficient utilization of the project budget on monthly basis making use of Management Account report produced by the Finance Department, prepare financial analysis and budget variance analysis report when appropriate.
Human Resource Management
- Support recruitment process of project staff including participation in interviewing of candidates and making recommendations for employment decision to ensure adequate staffing that meet technical and operational needs of the project
- Ensure all project team have up-to-date job description, understand and carry out their duties in compliance with Concern Code of Conduct and humanitarian principles and where non-compliance is suspected, inform SMT so that appropriate action can be taken
- Manage project staff ensuring work plans are set and adhered to, identifying training needs and capacity building opportunities and contribute to their capacity building including through on-the-job training
- Monitor and review staff performance including holding staff accountable for meeting the success criteria, give corrective feedback where required and take decisive actions in case of poor performance.
Reporting and Communication
- Prepare and share project updates with the Programme Director on a weekly basis
- Prepare and submit high quality internal and donor narrative reports highlighting progress at output and outcomes level where appropriate in line with organization and donor reporting requirements
- Compile and submit monthly reports on beneficiaries reached through ministry of public health established reporting channels including sharing updates on key achievements and challenges during the provincial and zonal nutrition coordination meetings
- Document lessons learnt and best practices to inform project adaptation and future nutrition programming
- Prepare case studies and stories of change and ensure that these are shared with the Programme Grants and Reporting Manager.
Representation and Coordination
- Act as Concern’s focal point for health and nutrition at the province level
- Actively participate in the nutrition coordination platforms, ensuring proper representation of Concern at provincial and district level regarding health and nutrition issues with the support from the Districts and Area Coordinator, as required
- Work closely with HQ Nutrition Advisor for technical support as and when required in consultation with the Programme Director.
CHS & Emergency:
- Concern is committed to the Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) to ensure accountability to all stakeholders. Concern activities are guided by CHS in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan, we have an Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with CHS principles and benchmarks. To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Concern Afghanistan will respond.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition or Public Health. Master degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing nutrition (IMAM) programmes
- Understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian cluster system and security management
- Experience in proposal development and project management
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of computer (MS Office)
- English knowledge (Read, Write, Speak)
- Track record of project planning and implementation
- Experience working with NGO in development and/or humanitarian responses in the areas of health and nutrition
- Training & facilitation skills
- Report writing skill
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Strong interpersonal and team work skill with patience and sense of humor
- Experience in managing people, capacity building, mentoring and on-the-job training
Applications should be written in English and demonstrate the applicants suitability for the job. A current Curriculum Vita and three referee’s reports should be included in the application. In the first instance applications should be submitted to Concern World Wide- Afghanistan offices in Taloqan marked to the attention of the Human Resources Department. And / or to any other field offices of Concern in, Faizabad, Yawan, , Kunduz and Kabul (Shari now ,5th Street House 1117 Qala – e – Fatullah) or through this email address: email@example.com
Subject line must be (713 /2022- Senior Project Officer) or your application may not be considered.
Closing Date: 4 Dec 2022