- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration 1 year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference AACS-VA-137
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education University Degree, Master’s degree is preferable
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a leading professional services and management consulting firm founded in early 2009 and headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. A diverse team of national and international experts with combined experience of several decades, enables AACS Consulting to provide customized and quality professional services. These services are offered in areas Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, Audit and Tax Advisory, and Inspection and Certifications.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has helped a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions maximize on opportunities and overcome business challenges in various areas and industries.
The Senior Research and Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will work under the direct supervision of Research and M&E Project Manager, and will be responsible to establish M&E system and tools of projects, contribute in developing policies and procedures, plan, oversee and coordinate field data collection, data analysis and prepare comprehensive reports.
The employee is expected to perform the following duties:
- Plan and conduct research designs for AACS Consulting.
- Develop a wide range of appropriate project plans, research and M&E tools and applicable procedures for monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Continuously improve plans, SOP’s and tools for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure timely collection, analysis and dissemination of high-quality data through efficient utilization of available sources; put in place strong data quality assurance mechanism and conduct regular data quality assessments.
- Prepare professional, high-quality daily, monthly, quarterly and final reports for high level audience.
- Lead and assist in design and development of a functioning ODK database and tools.
- Conduct occasional field monitoring and supervision visits when and as necessary.
- Review and analyze project process and identity, documents and utilize lessons learned for improved project implementation.
- Act as AACS Consulting lead research and M&E expert and provide technical inputs for research and M&E proposal submissions.
- Any other task as designed by AACS Consulting management.
- Carry out high-quality research and draft superior quality research reports.
- Provide technical support in drafting of the research SOP’s, ToR’s, policy and provide technical support in the implementation of the strategic work plan.
- Draft progress reports on implementation of AACS Consulting research projects.
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings and in-house discussion on various aspects of the research reports development.
- Lead formulation of the theme and structure of the research reports for private, public and development sector in Afghanistan.
- Contribute to the conceptual and practical organization of conferences, workshops and meetings designed with AACS Consulting clients and donors.
- Identify and liaise with team on drafting of terms and references for research, comment on the contributions received from them and integrate them in reports.
- Finalization of the research reports by interacting with the teams, including participating in various rounds of proofreading of drafts, fact-checking, ensuring consistency of data used throughout the reports, checking for proper referencing of statistical data as well as performing other proofreading tasks.
- Be the focal point for the internal consultations of research and M&E Projects.
- Monitor and keep record of research team with the comments received from the clients and any other party engaged with the project report review.
- Undertake research on conceptual and methodical areas.
- Draft short memos produce research notes and case studies
- Develop and maintain close research collaboration with ministries and researchers in various universities and research institutes as well as with United Nations sub organs.
- Work with partners, including national and international statistical agencies and UN to promote availability and reliability of basic information.
- Liaise with the team on consistency between the report’s key objectives and the statistic used in the analysis.
- Contribute to development of Concept Notes, Expression of Interest, Proposals and other technical methodologies for AACS Consulting clients.
- Contribute to the preparation of communications materials.
- Participate in AACS Consulting capacity building program for staff and make presentations.
- On daily bases team management and assigning task to them based on their role and responsibilities in AACS HQ and in regional level.
- Provide technical assistance and training to the AACS Consulting Staff to design, improve and/or manage project-level performance management plans.
- Provide technical assistance and training to AACS Consulting team to design and/or improve their projects’ logical frame work, monitoring and evaluation plans and collection, management analysis and reporting of performance data.
- Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques and other technical evaluation and analysis tasks conducted under the contract.
- Manage the data collection efforts of project staff, enumerators and surveyors, including insuring the adequacy of data collection instruments, the feasibility of data collection plans, the timely collection of data (including surveyors) and the quality of data collected, analyzed and reported to AACS Consulting clients.
- Provide support and oversight to performance of monitoring staff and consultants assigned to undertake monitoring and evaluation related assignments.
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of the assessments, analysis reports and evaluations, review technical outputs.
- Ensure that all monitoring and evaluation tasks are completed on time and are of high quality. Carry out additional tasks supporting AACS Consulting Research and M&E project goals and objectives as assigned by CEO.
- Advise assistance/Development Objective Teas and Senior Management in designing the planning for the evaluation special studies and assessments.
- Provide input to the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations special studies and assessments.
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving research and M&E objectives throughout program reviews, portfolio reviews or other processes.
- Seek ways to streamline the process and increase efficiency.
- Any other task that will be assigned by the Chief Executive Office of AACS Consulting.
- Masters’ Degree in Management, Sociology, Political Science, BBA, Economics, Public Administration, or any other related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection, and activities for donor-funded projects;
- Ability to visit projects outside the city boundaries, including districts;
- Ability to use ODK Collect to record and transfer monitoring data;
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems;
- Excellent verbal & oral communication and reporting skills;
- Good verbal and written English, and Dari/Pashtu;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and priorities work to deadlines;
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities in fast-movement workplace;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure;
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (Cover Letter and CV) in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2021.
Note: Please mention position and vacancy number in the subject line of your email (Senior Project Manager (Research and M&E)–AACS-VA-137), otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.