- Salary Offer Competitive Remuneration Package
- Address Kabul
- Years of Experience 6 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 12 Months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 173016
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree in Relevant Field
- close Date September 27, 2022
About United Nations World Food Programme:
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
WFP seeks a Sr. Program Associate to assist on the risk management, with focus on Anti-Fraud, Anti-Corruption (AFAC). The position reports to Risk & Compliance Officer.
Assist the Risk and Complaince Officer in following areas:
- Coordinate for development and update CO’s risk register (CORR).
- Coordinate for preparation and update CO’s Annual Performance Planning (APP).
- Coordinate with relevant CO’s units for inputs of the Executive Director Assurance (EDA) exercises.
- Provide assistance and information/documentation as required by OIGI – Investigators.
- Provide support on audit missions and follow up the recommendations with relevant functional units.
- Prepare and participate in compliance reviews as required at both field and country office.
- Participate in relevant CO meetings/forums as required.
- Establish and update CO’s SOPs for both registry database and document maintenance.
Perform AFAC (Anti-fraud & corruption) related tasks:
- Organize AFAC awareness training and session for WFP staff and partners.
- Maintain the food/cash fraud incidence registry.
- Coordinate the assessment and verification process of allegation cases if required.
- Ensure AFAC’s relevant information and documents are maintained according to AFAC’s policy.
- Coordinate and prepare AFAC’s related meetings when required.
- Coordinate for fraud risks assessment and follow up with relevant unit/office on the AFAC’s mitigation actions.
Perform other risk and compliance tasks as required.
Completion of bachelor’s in business administration or other related functional area. Having masters’ degree will be prefared.
Excellent oral and written knowledge of Dari, Pashto and English.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in coordination with related audits, risk management, or work with financial/planning sector including previous experience with an international organisation. Work experience with a UN or other International Organization’s would be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
Good coordination and communication skills. Good analytical and presentation skills. Demonstrated attention to detail, solid IT skills (including working on multiple platforms simultaneously), problem-solving skills, ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a professional manner while meeting targets in a high pressure environment. Demonstrated team work and performance management skills, as well as information management/reporting skills. Excellent knowledge in local context.
This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only and WFP encourages especially Afghan females and Afghans with disabilities to apply.
Please copy and paste the following link into the web browser in order to apply for this position: